Digital TV News: Louis Boswell
Uplift in ad effectiveness on premium OTT versus mass streaming services
Jun 21, 2023 – AVIA has released research showing that both product recall and brand recall were significantly higher for the same ads when shown in a premium OTT environment over a mass environment.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Milieu Insight, Louis Boswell, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
29% of Indonesian consumers use pirated TV boxes
Mar 21, 2019 – In a study of online viewing behaviour of Indonesian consumers, it was revealed that 29% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content. The boxes allow users to access pirated TV channels and VOD content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Louis Boswell, Roy Soetanto, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming
Survey finds one in four Malaysian consumers use pirate TV boxes
Feb 12, 2019 – A study of the viewing behaviour of Malaysian consumers has revealed that 25% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content. The boxes allow users to access hundreds of pirated television channels and VOD content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Louis Boswell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming
Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
Jan 18, 2019 – The Singapore government has announced that it will be amending its Copyright Act. Measures to deter retailers from profiting from providing access to content through unauthorised sources, such as TV boxes, will be added.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Louis Boswell, Neil Gane, Content Protection, Digital TV, Regulation, Singapore, Streaming
Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
Jul 19, 2018 – Casbaa has released a review of OTT and regulatory policies for the video industry around Asia. Based on a year-long study of legal frameworks and government policies, Casbaa has examined key issues in regulation of the pay TV and online video industry.
News categories: Casbaa, Louis Boswell, John Medeiros, Australia, Cambodia, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam
Nearly one in four Hong Kong consumers use pirated TV boxes
Jun 25, 2018 – In a newly released Casbaa survey of the content viewing behaviour of Hong Kong consumers, it was revealed that close to one in four consumers (24%) use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Casbaa, Neil Gane, Louis Boswell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Streaming
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024