Digital TV News: MediaCorp
Mediacorp selects Skyline Communications to monitor its DVB-T2 network
Jun 22, 2018 – Skyline Communications has announced that it has deployed its DataMiner platform at Mediacorp, Singapore’s largest broadcaster and transmission network operator. The setup comprises more than 1,500 transmission and network elements, spread across more than 100 different locations.
News categories: Skyline Communications, Mediacorp, Ben Vandenberghe, Jonathan Triboulet, QoE, Singapore, Terrestrial
Singapore to provide DTV Starter Kits to HDB households without Pay TV
Apr 6, 2018 – The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) will offer a DTV Starter Kit to all Singaporean HDB households which do not subscribe to Pay-TV, to allow them to continue to enjoy local free-to-air TV after analogue switch-off on December 31, 2018.
News categories: Media Development Authority, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial
Singapore moves analogue switch-off to January 1, 2019
Nov 6, 2017 – The cessation of analogue TV broadcasting in Singapore has been shifted from end-2017 to 31 December 2018 to allow more time for households to switch over to DTV. In addition, IMDA is studying enhancements to its DTV Assistance Scheme (DTVAS).
News categories: IMDA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, Singapore, Terrestrial
ABS and Sarana Media Vision to launch FreeViewSat DTH in Indonesia
Nov 8, 2016 – ABS has announced that it will partner with PT Sarana Media Vision (SMV), using SMV’s DTH license to launch a consumer FreeView satellite service – FreeViewSat – across Indonesia in January 2017.
News categories: ABS, FreeViewSat, Tom Choi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Toggle Red Button HbbTV trial begins in Singapore
May 31, 2016 – Toggle has launched a new service, Toggle Red Button. The service is based on a hybrid technology known as Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV). Mediacorp, the company that runs Toggle, is the first in Asia to deploy HbbTV technology.
News categories: Mediacorp, Sofia Digital, Anil Nihalani, Digital TV, HbbTV, Singapore, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Singapore launches Digital TV Assistance Scheme
Sep 29, 2014 – The Media Development Authority (MDA) of Singapore has launched a Digital TV Assistance Scheme for low-income households. The package includes a free digital TV set-top box, an indoor antenna and installation.
News categories: Media Development Authority, Koh Lin-Net, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial
Singapore appoints M1 to roll out Digital TV Assistance Scheme
Jul 4, 2014 – Singapore's Media Development Authority (MDA) has appointed M1 to manage the roll-out of its Digital TV Assistance Scheme. Eligible households will receive a free DVB-T2 set-top box, antenna and installation.
News categories: Media Development Authority, M1 Limited, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial
MediaCorp Selects Tvinci to Power OTT Service in Singapore
Jan 29, 2013 – Tvinci has been selected by Singapore's MediaCorp to power its new cross-device lifestyle service, Toggle. Toggle will be available on PC, iPhone, iPad and connected TV, available to consumers as a subscription service or pay-per-view.
News categories: Tvinci, MediaCorp, Digital TV, Singapore, Streaming
Singapore's free-to-air TV channels to go fully digital by 2013
Jun 19, 2012 – Singapore's Media Development Authority has announced that Singapore's seven free-to-air (FTA) TV channels will go fully digital by the end of 2013 using the DVB-T2 broadcasting standard.
News categories: Media Development Authority, MediaCorp, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Singapore, Terrestrial
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner