Digital TV News: PCCW
StarHub adds Viu to StarHub TV+
Apr 28, 2022 – StarHub has announced a collaboration with Viu for customers to catch over 12,000 hours of Asian content on StarHub TV+. The tie-up with Viu marks the 11th app to be fully integrated within StarHub TV+.
News categories: StarHub, Viu, Andrew Tan, Anson Tan, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore, Streaming
PCCW's Viu enjoys significant growth in 2021
Feb 28, 2022 – Viu has announced that the platform saw a growth of approximately 30% in Monthly Active Users (MAU) in 2021 as compared to 2020, reaching 58.6 million. Viu also enjoyed a total of 8.4 million paid subscribers at year end.
News categories: PCCW, Viu, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, South Africa, Streaming, Subscribers
Aferian announces results for the year ended 30 November 2021.
Feb 10, 2022 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has announced results for the year ended 30 November 2021. During the year, Amino grew revenues by 11% to $75.1m and maintained its strong margins and cash generation. 24i continues to grow recurring revenue organically.
News categories: Aferian, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
PCCW Media selects Viaccess-Orca for Euro 2020 'Watch Party' playback
Jul 6, 2021 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that the VO Secure Player is enabling PCCW Media to offer a 'Watch Party' feature for its Now TV customers during the ongoing UEFA EURO 2020 football tournament.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, PCCW, Dokyung Lee, Belinda Chan, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Media Player, UX
Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
Jun 15, 2021 – Amino is working with PCCW Media to upgrade the UX of its Now TV service. PCCW Media will use the AminoOS STB software stack and Amino Engage, Amino’s SaaS service management solution.
News categories: Amino, PCCW, Donald McGarva, Derek Choi, Digital TV, Hong Kong, QoE, Set Top Box, UX
OTT competition to hinder traditional pay TV growth in Hong Kong
Mar 26, 2021 – According to GlobalData, pay TV revenue in Hong Kong will grow at a very sluggish CAGR of 0.7% between 2020 and 2025, primarily due to intense competition from pure play OTT video streaming service platforms such as Viu.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research
Viu top in streaming video monthly active users in SE Asia
Mar 11, 2021 – According to a report from AMPD Research, Viu ranks first in aggregate monthly active users amongst major premium video streaming platforms in SE Asia and second in paid subscribers and streaming minutes.
News categories: Viu, AMPD Research, Helen Sou, Anthony Dobson, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Asia Pacific online video to reach $55 billion by 2025
Jan 11, 2021 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) has reported that the Asia Pacific online video industry grew revenue by 14% Y/Y in 2020 to reach US$30.5 billion. SVOD overtook AVOD to contribute 53% of total revenues; AVOD contributed 47%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
PCCW revamps Now TV with ContentWise personalization
Jan 11, 2021 – PCCW Media has selected ContentWise’s digital experience automation and personalization software, to revamp its IPTV and app user experience personalization infrastructure in Hong Kong.
News categories: ContentWise, PCCW, Paolo Bozzola, Derek Choi, Big Data, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, UX
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026