Digital TV News: RealNetworks
RealNetworks codec chosen for CIBN mobile TV App
Jun 27, 2018 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced the commercial deployment of RealMedia HD on the China International Broadcasting Network (CIBN) Mobile TV App, available now for download from Android app stores in China.
News categories: RealNetworks, China International Broadcasting Network, Jiang Hense, Xie Shengluo, Apps, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor
CIBN to use RealNetworks' HD codec for its OTT TV apps
Feb 26, 2018 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced that China International Broadcasting Network (CIBN) will launch a commercial trial of RealNetworks' codec, RealMedia HD, on its OTT HD VIDEO app and Stars China mobile app, China TV.
News categories: RealNetworks, China International Broadcasting Network, Rob Glaser, Hense Jiang, Ke Hengzhong, Apps, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, MWC21, OTT
RealNetworks and Amlogic expand media codec partnership
Jan 9, 2018 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced an agreement to license its RealMedia HD codec for porting and optimization to Amlogic. RealMedia HD is a video codec that delivers HD video quality at a fraction of the bandwidth required by other codecs.
News categories: RealNetworks, Amlogic, Morris Zhang, James Xie, CES2022, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Worldwide
RealNetworks and CIBN Oriental deploy RealMedia HD video codec
Aug 16, 2017 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced a partnership with CIBN Oriental to enhance the company's TV and mobile video streaming capabilities. RealNetworks' RealMedia HD technology enables CIBN Oriental's users to enjoy their OTT service on large screens as well as on any mobile device.
News categories: RealNetworks, CIBN, Rob Glaser, Morris Zhang, Gong Yuguo, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
RealNetworks launches RealMedia HD for embedded devices at CES2016
Jan 6, 2016 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced the launch of its RealMedia HD solution for embedded devices at the 2016 International CES. RealMedia HD enables chipset manufacturers to save costs while offering high-speed and high-definition (HD) video content.
News categories: RealNetworks, Thierry Raymaekers, CES2022, Media Player, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Xiaomi selects RealNetworks RMVB codec for Mi Box and TV
Jul 16, 2014 – Xiaomi has selected the RealMedia Variable Bit rate (RMVB) codec from RealNetworks for Xiaomi Box Super, the company’s premier over-the-top (OTT) set-top-box, as well as Xiaomi’s Smart TV line Mi TV.
News categories: RealNetworks, Xiaomi, Thierry Raymaekers, Chuan Wang, China, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
RealPlayer Cloud now available worldwide
Feb 24, 2014 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced the global roll-out of RealPlayer® Cloud, allowing users to easily move, watch and share videos on any device or operating system, anywhere in the world.
News categories: RealNetworks, Rob Glaser, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Streaming media companies announce IPTV solution for OTT service providers
Sep 11, 2013 – Acutek Solutions and Dune HD have announced that they have worked with RealNetworks to develop a solution for Over-the-Top (OTT) content providers building IPTV services. The new solution will be unveiled at IBC2013.
News categories: Dune HD, Acutek, RealNetworks, Tuan Vo, Mark Donnigan, Mike Womack, Content Distribution, IBC, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Intel to Buy Patents and Video Codec Team From RealNetworks
Jan 26, 2012 – RealNetworks (Nasdaq: RNWK) has announced that it has signed an agreement to sell a significant number of its patents and its next generation video codec software to Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) for a purchase price of $120 million.
News categories: Intel Corp, RealNetworks, MandA, Middleware, OTT, Patent, Semiconductor
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report