Digital TV News: Teleste
Teleste to discontinue own IPTV middleware development
Mar 11, 2013 – To improve its competitiveness, Teleste has decided to focus its activities on OTT products for the Ubique solution it launched in 2012. Consequently, it has decided to discontinue the development of its own IPTV middleware and to seek partnerships in this area.
News categories: Teleste, IPTV, Middleware, Streaming
Finland's DNA Welho to test DVB-C2 technology
Sep 10, 2012 – DNA has commenced field tests of second-generation digital cable transmission technology, in cooperation with Teleste. Future capacity-intensive services will benefit from DVB-C2 significantly, but no decision to deploy the technology has yet been made.
News categories: DNA Oy, Teleste, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, Finland
Teleste Ubique OTT Solution Secures Revenues With Verimatrix
Sep 6, 2012 – Teleste has announced its new Teleste Ubique OTT product providing a complete turnkey solution for small and mid-sized cable TV operators to offer OTT services. Verimatrix is providing Teleste Ubique with support in securing operators' revenues.
News categories: Verimatrix, Teleste, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, IBC2022, TV Everywhere
Teleste launches complete OTT solution for cable operators
Aug 29, 2012 – At IBC 2012, Teleste will introduce Ubique which includes everything that cable operators need to bring TV Everywhere services to their customers. Additionally, Teleste will introduce extensions to its Luminato headend platform.
News categories: Teleste, Cable TV, Content Distribution, IBC2022, TV Everywhere
Cable broadband equipment market down in 3Q10 after 12 months of strong growth
Nov 18, 2010 – Infonetics Research has released its third quarter (3Q10) CMTS and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers report, which tracks cable modem termination systems (CMTS), edge quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) channels, and cable broadband subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Market Research, Subscribers
Anvia TV Selects Teleste and Verimatrix to Deploy IPTV Revenue Security Solution
Sep 13, 2010 – Teleste and Verimatrix have announced deployment of the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV network of Anvia TV, a national TV operator in Finland.
News categories: Verimatrix, Anvia, Teleste, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Finland, IBC2022, IPTV
Welho starts 3DTV test distribution on its network
Dec 18, 2009 – Welho has started 3DTV test distribution in its cable network in the Helsinki region in mid-December. Welho's 3DTV test is auto-stereoscopic, offering a future viewing experience without 3D glasses.
News categories: Welho, Teleste, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, Metaverse
Teleste receives an order from Digicable, India for their Pan India IP-based digital television platform
Jun 26, 2008 – Teleste (Helsinki: TLT1V) has been selected by Digicable Network (India) Pvt Ltd to deliver their new compact IP-based digital television platform. The value of the initial order is 12 million euros.
News categories: Digicable, Teleste, Cable TV, Content Distribution, India, IPTV
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes