Digital TV News: Viaccess-Orca
Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
Feb 2, 2023 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) and Broadpeak have announced that they have joined forces to provide Cellcom with an end-to-end solution offering super-low latency for live sports streaming over OTT set-top boxes.
News categories: Broadpeak, Viaccess-Orca, Cellcom, Jacques Le Mancq, Philippe Léonetti, Gil Hershberg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Media Player, Set Top Box, Streaming
GTD expands service offering with Viaccess-Orca
Oct 18, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Chilean telecommunications operator GTD is optimizing its IPTV service and new OTT offering with VO's Service Delivery Platform (SDP).
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, GTD, Philippe Léonetti, Cristian Carcamo, Android TV, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming
Swiss Broadcasting protects content with Viaccess-Orca CAS
Sep 7, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Swiss Broadcasting Corporation (SRG SSR) has recently introduced a new card version of VO's Conditional Access System (CAS) for the security of its satellite TV distribution.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, SRG SSR, Pascal Birot, Simon Blumer, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Satellite, Switzerland
Viaccess-Orca and Ateme redefine linear TV with Personal Channels
Sep 6, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca and Ateme have partnered to simplify the creation of VOD-to-live and personalized live channels. The Personal Live Channels service is powered by Ateme streaming integrated with VO content discovery and targeted advertising.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Ateme, Dror Mangel, Ahmed Swidan, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca watermarking to be added to Harmonic's live sports platform
Sep 1, 2022 – Watermarking technology from Viaccess-Orca (VO) will be integrated with Harmonic's VOS®360 cloud SaaS platform, offering a solution for quickly identifying piracy sources and stopping content restreaming.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Harmonic, Mathieu Harel, Eric Gallier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Mongolia's Univision selects end-to-end solution from Viaccess-Orca
May 25, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Univision will deliver its IPTV service in Mongolia with an end-to-end solution from VO. VO's TV Platform will allow the operator to quickly create new services, including aggregated content offerings.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Univision, Philippe Léonetti, Tulga Otgonbayar, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mongolia
Viaccess-Orca integrates applications with Google Cloud
Apr 20, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that VO solutions are now integrated with Google Cloud Anthos, a fully managed Kubernetes-based platform that allows users to manage their data and applications in hybrid cloud environments, including on-premises, the public cloud, the private cloud, and multi-cloud.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Google Cloud, Orange, Alain Nochimowski, Jeff Reed, Steve Jarrett, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca supports launch of Orange Belgium's new OTT services
Apr 7, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Orange Belgium has launched its new TV service with VO's Secure Video Player. VO's Secure Video Player is deployed on TV decoders and mobile apps, assuring a superior QoE on every screen.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange, Benoit Brieussel, Guillaume Ducellier, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, Media Player, Mobile, Set Top Box
Viaccess-Orca, Ateme, Optiva Media power Avatel OTT service in Spain
Feb 24, 2022 – Avatel is delivering the OTT service with an end-to-end solution that includes VO's Service Delivery Platform, Multi-DRM, and Secure Video Player; encoding, origin packaging, Cloud DVR, and CDN from Ateme; and multiscreen apps from Optiva Media.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Ateme, Optiva Media, Avatel, Arnaud Alvarez, Alfredo Navarro, Cristina Garcés, Oriol Pedrals, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Spain, Streaming
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania