Digital TV News: Viaccess-Orca
Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
Feb 26, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced today that its Dynamic Watermarking solution, developed in collaboration with b<>com, has undergone a stringent assessment carried out by Cartesian, an independent consultancy company for the communications and digital media industries.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, b<>com, Cartesian, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Gaëtan Le Guelvouit, Lee Kent, Content Protection, Watermarking, Worldwide
Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
Nov 12, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that the Malian Transmission and Broadcasting Corporation (SMTD) has chosen VO's cardless CAS to secure its DTT platform. Thomson Broadcast will manage the deployment of the DTT infrastructure.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, SMTD, Arnaud Alvarez, Ismaila Togola, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mali, Terrestrial
Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak power NPVR service for Orange Poland
Sep 12, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that it is powering a new NPVR service for Orange Poland in partnership with Broadpeak. VO's Service Delivery Platform (SDP) has been integrated with Broadpeak's CloudPVR solution.
News categories: Broadpeak, Viaccess-Orca, Orange, Jacques Le Mancq, Paul Molinier, Piotr Jaworski, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, IPTV, Poland
Viaccess-Orca secures Android TV STB for Orange Spain
Sep 10, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Orange Spain has deployed an Android TV set-top box (STB) secured by VO's DRM solution for its IPTV service. The STB will enable Orange Spain pay-TV subscribers to access a wide range of premium content, including Ultra HD, live, and VOD.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange, Paul Molinier, José Antonio Guzmán, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2020, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain
DVB to showcase DVB-I at IBC 2019
Sep 10, 2019 – DVB has announced that at IBC it will present the world's first demonstration of linear TV services using the DVB-I solution, which relies on internet-based access and streaming mechanisms alongside classical broadcasting techniques.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Peter Siebert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca joins with Zodiac Systems to enable services on legacy STBs
Sep 6, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has partnered with Zodiac Systems to offer a joint solution making it easier and more cost-effective for TV operators to deploy VO's cloud-hosted TVaaS and Service Delivery Platform (SDP) with existing legacy STBs.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Zodiac Systems, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Derek Harrar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca and Smart to launch targeted TV advertising solution
Sep 4, 2019 – At DMEXCO 2019 and IBC2019, Viaccess-Orca (VO) and Smart Adserver will introduce an end-to-end, targeted TV advertising solution. With the solution, service providers can generate revenues through data and inventory monetization.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Smart Adserver, Alain Nochimowski, Romain Job, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2020, Media Player, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca inks System Integrator agreement with Divitel
Aug 28, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Divitel has joined VO's new system integration partnership program. Based in the Netherlands, Divitel has over 20 years of experience as a solutions provider for all things video.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Divitel, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Reuven Elmalem, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2020, Middle-East
Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
Jun 18, 2019 – Broadpeak is working with Astro Malaysia to strengthen the latter's OTT video delivery service through its multicast ABR solution. Astro is using the solution to distribute 20 MPEG-DASH live channels to Android TVs and iOS and Android tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Broadpeak, Astro, Jacques Le Mancq, Shahrul Imran Sultan, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
- Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
- 3SS and Technicolor upgrade Com Hem Tv Hub to Android P
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy