Digital TV News: Vodafone
OTT specialist TeraVolt becomes part of Qvest Group
Sep 14, 2023 – Qvest has strengthened its portfolio with the acquisition of TeraVolt, adding capabilities that include development, consulting and project support, testing and operations, and metadata optimization.
News categories: Qvest, TeraVolt, Peter Nöthen, Tobias Künkel, Apps, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
4iG selects NAGRA to launch entertainment services in Hungary
Sep 13, 2023 – 4iG, through its subsidiaries Vodafone Hungary, DIGI Hungary and Antenna Hungaria, has selected NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) as system integrator and solution partner for its migration to next-generation TV services.
News categories: NAGRA, 4iG, Nancy Goldberg, Tamás Bányai, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hungary, IBC2023, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
RDK6 adds enhancements for IP and hybrid QAM/DVB set-tops
Sep 13, 2023 – Ahead of the 2023 RDK Summit in Amsterdam, RDK Management has announced RDK6 – the newest open-source software bundle designed to power video customer-premise equipment (CPE) for pay TV operators.
News categories: RDK Management, Jason Briggs, Gavin Sheldon, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NPA Conseil, Médiamétrie publish French AVOD market report
Aug 31, 2023 – NPA Conseil and Médiamétrie have published the 2nd part of their AVoD Market Report survey, dedicated to monitoring the development of AVOD, FAST and more generally CTV ecosystems in France.
News categories: Médiamétrie, NPA Conseil, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Streaming
Media Distillery deployed at Magenta Telekom in Austria
Sep 4, 2023 – Media Distillery has announced that Magenta Telekom is deploying its EPG Correction Distiller to resolve the discrepancy between actual and scheduled EPG start and end times of TV shows.
News categories: Media Distillery, Magenta Telekom, Roland Sars, Christian Jaros, Austria, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, UX
TV subscribers at Vodafone down 162,000 in 2Q 2023
Jul 24, 2023 – Vodafone has released a trading update for its Q1 FY24 period. In Europe, Vodafone finished with 16.89 million TV customers, down 162,000 in the quarter, and down 1.247 million YoY.
News categories: Vodafone, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Vodafone deploys streaming CDN with Qwilt and Cisco
Jul 11, 2023 – Qwilt and Cisco will deploy their CDN solution at Vodafone, increasing the performance of Vodafone’s streaming delivery to mobile and fixed broadband customers in Europe and Africa.
News categories: Qwilt, Vodafone, Cisco, Alon Maor, Giorgio Migliarina, Nadia Benabdallah, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe
Hyundai and Vodafone bring in-car infotainment services to Europe
Jun 15, 2023 – Hyundai Motor Group (HMG) and Vodafone Business have extended their partnership to include in-car connected streaming and infotainment services in more than 40 countries across Europe.
News categories: Vodafone, Hyundai, Erik Brenneis, Haeyoung Kwon, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, Streaming
Vodafone UK and Three UK to merge
Jun 14, 2023 – Vodafone Group and CK Hutchison Group Telecom (CKHGT) have agreed to combine Vodafone UK and Three UK. Vodafone will own 51% of the combined business and CKHGT 49%.
News categories: Vodafone, CK Hutchison, Margherita Della Valle, Ahmed Essam, Canning Fok, Robert Finnegan, 5G, MandA, UK
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification