Digital TV News: WarnerMedia
WarnerMedia Ad Sales chooses measurement partners
Jan 6, 2022 – WarnerMedia Ad Sales has completed its preliminary discovery process for alternative measurement partners. Comscore, iSpot.tv and VideoAmp have been selected to help WarnerMedia develop its portfolio of measurement solutions.
News categories: WarnerMedia Ad Sales, Comscore, iSpot.tv, VideoAmp, Andrea Zapata, Carol Hinnant, Stuart Schwartzapfel, Ross McCray, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
20 million DTC subscribers for Discovery at end 3Q 2021
Nov 3, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2021. The company ended Q3 with 20 million DTC subscribers, up 3 million versus the end of Q2.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, David Zaslav, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
Oct 26, 2021 – HBO Max has gone live in the Nordics and Spain beginning its 27-territory rollout in Europe. HBO Max brings together series and movies from Warner Bros., HBO, DC, Cartoon Network and Max Originals.
News categories: HBO Max, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Spain, Streaming, Sweden
HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
Oct 21, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported third-quarter 2021 results. Global HBO Max and HBO subscribers increased 12.5 million Y-o-Y and were up 1.9 million sequentially. Vrio subscriber net losses were 178,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
HBO Max expands European rollout plans
Oct 5, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will launch in 27 territories during the initial phase of its European rollout, going live in seven new countries in 2022 in addition to the 20 territories already confirmed.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Christina Sulebakk, Digital TV, Estonia, Greece, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Streaming, Turkey
European launches for HBO Max on October 26th
Sep 8, 2021 – HBO Max will launch in Europe on October 26 with Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Spain and Andorra being the first six European countries where the all-new streaming experience will be made available.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Christina Sulebakk, Andorra, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Spain, Streaming, Sweden
HBO Max app now available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Sep 1, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) and WarnerMedia have announced that the HBO Max app is now available on VIZIO SmartCast, giving SmartCast viewers in the U.S. access to the HBO Max app directly on their VIZIO SmartCast TVs.
News categories: VIZIO, WarnerMedia, Mike O’Donnell, Jennifer Mirgorod, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
More than half of U.S. adult broadband users watch FAST services on TV
Aug 19, 2021 – TDG estimates that six-in-ten connected TV households now watch a free ad-supported streaming service on TV. YouTube remains the dominant FVOD provider, with FAST services such as Pluto TV and IMDb enjoying growing audiences.
News categories: TDG Research, Doug Montgomery, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Xandr launches Monetize TV audience-based ad sales platform
Aug 4, 2021 – Xandr has launched Monetize TV. Monetize TV's self-serve technology provides TV sellers with comprehensive monetization tools, demand enablement and, in the future, converged video solutions.
News categories: Xandr, Mark Mitchell, Steve Silvestri, Larry Hunt, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope