Digital TV News: WarnerMedia
More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
Jun 9, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) now has more than 11.2 million addressable TVs in the U.S. capable of frame-accurate dynamic ad insertion, representing a significant milestone for the addressable advertising consortium, Project OAR.
News categories: VIZIO, Adam Gaynor, Kristine Bayles, Darren Sherriff, JP Colaco, Steve Silvestri, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
Jun 9, 2021 – WarnerMedia is the first to formally participate in Comscore’s National Addressable TV programmer trials. Starting in late 2020, WarnerMedia executed campaigns across multiple MVPD platforms, with measurement powered by Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR).
News categories: Comscore, WarnerMedia, David Algranati, JP Colaco, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
HBO Max launches ad-supported tier
Jun 2, 2021 – HBO Max has launched an advertising-supported subscription tier. With the launch, HBO Max consumers can now choose between the existing ad-free subscription option at $14.99 per month, or one with ads for $9.99.
News categories: HBO Max, Andy Forssell, JP Colaco, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
WarnerMedia, Discovery combination to be called 'Warner Bros. Discovery'
Jun 1, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced 'Warner Bros. Discovery' as the name for the proposed entertainment company that will emerge from the combination of WarnerMedia and Discovery assets.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, David Zaslav, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
HBO Max to be available in Latin America & the Caribbean from June 29th
May 26, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will be available in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean starting on June 29th. HBO Max will offer two subscription plans, starting from US$3 per month.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Luis Durán, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT
HBO Max ad-supported tier to launch first week of June
May 19, 2021 – HBO Max will debut its ad-supported subscription tier the first week of June, providing consumers with a choice between its existing ad-free version at $14.99 per month, or an ad-supported experience for $9.99 per month.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Tony Goncalves, JP Colaco, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
May 17, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have agreed to combine WarnerMedia's entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses to create a standalone global entertainment company.
News categories: AT&T, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, USA, Worldwide
AT&T premium TV down 620k; Vrio down 383k; HBO up 3.3M video subs in 1Q 2021
Apr 22, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for 1Q 2021. Total U.S. premium TV connections were down 620,000 in the quarter. Vrio in Latin America lost 383,000 subscribers. Global HBO Max and HBO subscribers grew by 3.3 million.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
Apr 8, 2021 – Toyota Motor North America and AT&T have announced that when connected to AT&T in-car Wi-Fi, the WarnerMedia RIDE App, featuring a selection of live and on-demand content, is now available for Toyota and Lexus owners.
News categories: Toyota, AT&T, Steve Basra, Joe Mosele, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, OTT, USA
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics