Digital TV News: WebM
LG unveils its latest TV lineup
Jan 4, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) has unveiled its latest TV lineup, headlined by the company's 2022 OLED televisions. The TVs feature powerful imaging technologies, and an improved webOS offering more smart features and services.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Encoding.com publishes 2016 Global Media Format Report
Jan 27, 2016 – Encoding.com has released their second annual report analyzing trends in video formats for web, mobile, broadcast and OTT distribution.
News categories: Encoding.com, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, HTML5, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Allegro DVT unveils VP9 compliance streams
Jun 4, 2015 – Allegro DVT has announced the addition of VP9 test bitstreams to its product portfolio. IC vendors developing VP9 compliant decoders are now able leverage Allegro DVT's technology to validate their VP9 decoder implementation.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Digital TV, QoE, Silicon IP, Streaming
Chips&Media releases HEVC/VP9 decoder IP with 10bit support
Apr 16, 2015 – Chips&Media has announced the introduction of a multi decoder IP, WAVE412, which provides the industry’s first support for both HEVC (H.265) and WebM VP9 targeted for multimedia SoCs with 4K UHD capability.
News categories: Chips&Media, Jani Huoponen, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
VeriSilicon introduces multiformat decoder IP with VP9 Profile 2 support
Mar 2, 2015 – VeriSilicon has announced the availability of its Hantro G2v2 Multi-format Decoder IP to support Google’s VP9 Profile 2. This profile was introduced by the WebM project in 2014 to meet the industry’s requirement for higher precision content.
News categories: VeriSilicon, Dr. Wayne Dai, Media Player, MWC23, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Streaming, Worldwide
VeriSilicon introduces Hantro H2 HEVC encoder semiconductor IP
Jul 15, 2014 – VeriSilicon has announced its next-generation Hantro H2 HEVC video encoder IP. Hantro H2 builds on the success of VeriSilicon’s Hantro H1 encoder IP, bringing ultra-high definition (UHD) and 4K resolution video encoding capability to the HEVC video format.
News categories: VeriSilicon, Dr. Wayne Dai, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
VP9 decoder available for Imagination PowerVR Series6 GPUs
Feb 25, 2014 – Imagination Technologies (IMG.L) has announced that a GPU accelerated VP9 software decoder for its PowerVR Series6 Rogue graphics processors (GPUs) is available from partner MulticoreWare.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, MulticoreWare, Peter McGuinness, Matt Frost, Media Player, MWC23, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
Jun 19, 2013 – VeriSilicon has announced the availability of its Hantro G2 multi-format video decoder IP supporting Ultra HD 4K decoding of HEVC video. The G2 IP also adds support for the upcoming VP9 web video format from the WebM Project.
News categories: VeriSilicon, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Antik to unveil details of Android-powered home gateway at TV Connect
Mar 18, 2013 – Antik Technology has unveiled details of its forthcoming Android home gateway, Juice Extreme II. The gateway uses STMicroelectronics' Orly STiH416 SoC for streaming and transcoding up to 4 channels in real time to home smart devices (tablets, smartphones, etc.).
News categories: Antik Technology, CCBN, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Video Exchange
- FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland
- MarketCast partners with VIZIO to measure ad performance
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023