Digital TV News: Mike Fries
Liberty Global to sell UPC Switzerland to Sunrise
Feb 27, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced that it has agreed to sell its Swiss operation, UPC Switzerland, to Sunrise Communications Group. The transaction will create the leading converged challenger in the market.
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Switzerland
Vodafone to acquire Liberty Global’s operations in Germany, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania
May 9, 2018 – Vodafone has announced that it has agreed to acquire Unitymedia in Germany and Liberty Global’s operations (excluding its 'Direct Home' business) in the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Romania, for a total enterprise value of €18.4 billion.
News categories: Vodafone, Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, MnA, Romania
Liberty Latin America completes split-off from Liberty Global
Jan 2, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA) (NASDAQ:LILAK) (OTC Link:LILAB) has announced the completion of its previously announced split-off from Liberty Global and its launch as an independent, publicly-traded company.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Liberty Global, Balan Nair, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Digital TV, Latin America, MnA, Puerto Rico, Seychelles
Liberty Global announces global Netflix partnership
Sep 14, 2016 – Liberty Global has revealed a multi-year partnership with Netflix which will lead to Netflix’s content being made available to Liberty Global video customers across more than 30 countries around the world.
News categories: Liberty Global, Netflix, Mike Fries, Reed Hastings, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Liberty Global to Acquire Virgin Media
Feb 6, 2013 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) and Virgin Media (NASDAQ: VMED; LSE: VMED) have announced that they have entered into an agreement pursuant to which Liberty Global will acquire Virgin Media in a stock and cash merger valued at approximately $23.3 billion.
News categories: Liberty Global, Virgin Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, UK
Liberty Global Launches Horizon TV
Sep 7, 2012 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced the launch of Horizon TV, a new family of media products that allow customers to view and share all of their favorite content across the TV, computer, tablet and smartphone.
News categories: Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Middleware, Netherlands, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Liberty Global Unveils Next-Generation TV Platform at IBC
Sep 8, 2011 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has presented 'Horizon', an elegant media and entertainment platform for the home, which seamlessly integrates cable, web-based and personal content.
News categories: Liberty Global, Apps, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, IBC, Middleware, Netherlands, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet
Strong Cable Digital TV & Broadband Growth In Europe
Feb 15, 2011 – Latest figures released by Cable Europe show that the European cable industry's ongoing investments in next generation internet access and digital television keeps paying off.
News categories: Cable Europe, Broadband, Cable TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
Liberty Global to Build Multimedia Home Gateway with Samsung, Intel, NDS and Nagravision
May 12, 2010 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA; LBTYB; LBTYK) has announced plans to work with Samsung (Seoul: 005930), Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), NDS and Nagravision (SWX:KUD.VX) to build a revolutionary new device for its digital TV customers.
News categories: Liberty Global, Samsung, Intel Corp, Nagravision, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Europe, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
- Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modules
- FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
- Eleven Sports launches new streaming service in Japan
- Rakuten TV to expand reach to more than 40 countries in 2019
- Bezeq plans migration of 'yes' from satellite to OTT
- TDG: Disney+ likely to be well received
- Saankhya Labs develops 5G Broadcast and Direct to Mobile TV technologies
- Benin signs up with SES for DTT distribution and DTH
- DIRECTV NOW packages get slimmer and pricier, but include HBO
- InPlayer joins Kaltura’s Video Technology Marketplace
- U.S. media companies and VIZIO form addressable advertising consortium