Digital TV News: Numericable
Telenet acquires SFR BeLux from Altice
Dec 22, 2016 – Telenet (Brussels: TNET) has entered into an agreement to acquire Coditel Brabant for €400 million from Coditel Holding, a subsidiary of Altice. Coditel Brabant, operating under the SFR brand, provides cable services in Brussels, Wallonia and Luxembourg and mobile telephony in Belgium.
News categories: Telenet, Altice, John Porter, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Luxembourg, MnA
EU cable TV continues to grow despite OTT competition
Dec 19, 2016 – The cable industry in the European Union has continued to grow amidst increasing competition from traditional and Over-The-Top (OTT) players, according to a report released by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
SFR and NAGRA partner on 4K Ultra HD launch in France
Nov 9, 2015 – SFR and NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) have announced the launch of the operator’s 4K Ultra HD offer under the brand 'La Box Fibre Zive de SFR'. SFR uses NAGRA content protection to secure the home gateway, and NAGRA’s MediaLive to power its on-demand catalogue and streaming capability.
News categories: NAGRA, SFR, Thierry Legrand, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box
Telcos snapping at heels of established pay TV operators
Sep 17, 2015 – According to Futuresource Consulting, following a number of false starts in Western Europe, IPTV homes are now a viable platform, hitting 27 million in 2014, 15% of all TV households, with growth of 30% expected between now and 2019.
News categories: Futuresource, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Kudelski reports 2015 half year results
Aug 20, 2015 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced 2015 half year results. The Group entered into several new contracts and completed deployments in the digital TV segment In Europe. Bundles of anyCAST security, OpenTV5 connectware and MediaLive multiscreen are seeing increasing market traction in Asia and Latin America.
News categories: Kudelski, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SFR launches La Box TV Fibre in France
Nov 18, 2014 – SFR has announced the launch of La Box TV Fibre which combines telephony, high speed fibre broadband, TV from parent company Numericable and other SFR services. The television service offers 200 TV channels, with 30,000 titles of video on demand.
News categories: SFR, Broadband, Digital TV, DVR, France, IPTV
Zappware solution takes Altice Group Over The Top
Sep 8, 2014 – Zappware's multiscreen OTT TV solution has been selected by the Altice Group. Altice provides cable TV in France, Israel, Belgium & Luxembourg, Portugal, French West Indies/Indian Ocean Area, Dominican Republic and Switzerland.
News categories: Zappware, Altice, Patrice Giami, Patrick Vos, Apps, Belgium, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Middleware, Mobile, Portugal, TV Everywhere
TF1 VIDEO chooses Arkena to operate its MYTF1VOD platform
Sep 8, 2014 – Arkena has announced that it has been chosen by TF1 VIDEO to provide the technical platform of its Video On Demand service MYTF1VOD - the premium transactional VOD service of the largest French broadcaster TF1.
News categories: Arkena, TF1, Tristan du Laz, Grégory Samson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, France, HbbTV, IBC2020, OTT
Netgear announces first customer shipments for new hybrid set-top box
Sep 12, 2013 – NETGEAR (NASDAQGM: NTGR) has announced the launch of its Hybrid Set-top Box (STB1100) at the IBC2013 trade show. Numericable is using the STB1100 to deliver over-the-air, DVB-T and adaptive bitrate content to ADSL subscribers in France.
News categories: NETGEAR, Numericable, Cavium, Naveen Chhangani, Philippe LeMay, Reza Eltejaein, Digital TV, France, IBC2020, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
- 3SS and Technicolor upgrade Com Hem Tv Hub to Android P
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy