Europe Digital TV News
GO Malta deploys Minerva 10 service management platform
Jul 26, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced that GO Malta has deployed its Minerva 10 solution to power next-generation video services. The new offering delivers an advanced user experience on both GO’s legacy set-top boxes and consumer devices.
News categories: Minerva, GO Malta, Todd Clayton, Chris Attard, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Middleware, Set Top Box
Orange TV subscribers up 54,000 in 2Q 2019
Jul 25, 2019 – Orange has released financial results to June 30, 2019. The company finished the quarter with 9.712 million IPTV and satellite customers, up 54,000 in the quarter. All markets saw a rise in TV subscribers except for Spain where subscriptions fell by a further 41,000.
News categories: Orange, Belgium, Digital TV, Europe, France, IPTV, Luxembourg, Poland, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers
CDN77 launches end-to-end live streaming and VOD platform
Jul 24, 2019 – CDN77 has launched its standalone platform for video processing and delivery. Catering to digital publishers, Streamflow reduces the complexity of video delivery by housing the entire live, linear and on-demand infrastructure under one roof.
News categories: CDN77, Bradmax, Zdenek Cendra, Tomas Bacik, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, HTML5, Latin America, Media Player, North America, OTT
FreeWheel releases Q1 2019 Video Marketplace report
Jul 23, 2019 – FreeWheel has announced the launch of its Q1 2019 Video Marketplace Report, which shows a rise in targeted and addressable advertising. In Europe, there is a focus on data-driven targeting and automation as a growing number of publishers adopt an audience-first approach.
News categories: FreeWheel, Thomas Bremond, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, USA
Italy publishes roadmap for transition to DVB-T2/MPEG-4
Jul 22, 2019 – Italy's Ministry of Economic Development has published a roadmap for the country's transition to DVB-T2 / MPEG-4 digital terrestrial TV broadcasting. MPEG-4 is to be introduced in the last quarter of 2021 and DVB-T2 in 2022.
News categories: Ministero dello sviluppo economico, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Italy, Terrestrial
All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
Jul 22, 2019 – All Media Baltics and Atende Software have partnered to launch OTT services in Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. Atende Software will implement its redGalaxy OTT platforms delivering an OTT backend along with branded end-user applications.
News categories: Atende Software, All Media Baltics, Przemysław Frasunek, Jan Wykrytowicz, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, OTT
ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
Jul 19, 2019 – ITV and the BBC plan to launch BritBox in the UK in the fourth quarter of this year. BritBox will be full of the UK's favourite programmes and the home of the largest collection of British boxsets. BritBox is also commissioning a range of original series.
News categories: BBC, ITV, Carolyn McCall, Tony Hall, Digital TV, OTT, UK
FranceTV Publicité trials ad targeting based on viewer interests
Jul 18, 2019 – Following on from its trial of advertising substitution on HbbTV at the end of 2018, FranceTV Publicité has now tested the delivery of ads personalized according to the interests of the viewer.
News categories: FranceTV Publicité, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, France
UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
Jul 18, 2019 – The UK consumer electronics retail market generated £19.2 billion in 2018, with further growth of 4% expected this year, even with the economic uncertainty surrounding Brexit, according to a forthcoming report from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Jack Wetherill, Stephen Mears, Market Research, Smart TV, UK
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019