Europe Digital TV News
rlaxx TV now available on Apple TV and Panasonic, Grundig Smart TVs
Feb 17, 2021 – rlaxx TV is now available on Apple TV, and smart TVs by Panasonic and Grundig in the UK, Germany, Switzerland and Austria. The new availability adds around 8.5 million to the existing installed base.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Switzerland, UK
Two new telecoms partnerships for Gamestream
Feb 17, 2021 – Gamestream has two new cloud gaming partnerships. Telekom Slovenije has launched NEO Gaming, a white-label version of the Gamestream platform, and Bouygues Telecom has adopted Gamestream's Pleio consumer service.
News categories: Gamestream, Telekom Slovenije, Bouygues Telecom, Ivan Lebeau, Samo Ošina, Digital TV, France, Gaming, Slovenia
Ad Alliance Netherlands moving to Smartclip video monetisation technology
Feb 16, 2021 – Ad Alliance Netherlands is migrating to Smartclip’s video monetisation technology to support growth in video advertising. Both parties aim to further intensify their cooperation in the future.
News categories: Smartclip, Ad Alliance Netherlands, Thomas Servatius, Ton Rozestraten, Advertising, Digital TV, Netherlands
Vodafone extends licensing agreement with TiVo
Feb 16, 2021 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced a renewal with Vodafone for a range of TiVo products, including Content Discovery, Conversational Voice and Insight Data Analytics.
News categories: Xperi Holding, Vodafone, Matt Milne, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Patent, UX, Worldwide
Towercom selects CryptoGuard CA for DTT pay TV
Feb 16, 2021 – CryptoGuard has announced that Towercom has deployed CryptoGuard CAS to secure its nationwide DTT pay-TV services. Towercom is a privately owned TV and telecommunications operator in Slovakia.
News categories: CryptoGuard, Towercom, Kjell Carlswärd, Gabriel Balla, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Slovakia, Terrestrial
Liberty Global reports Q4 2020 results
Feb 16, 2021 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced Q4 2020 results. In the quarter, the company gained video subscribers in Ireland, Poland and Slovakia, and saw losses in the UK, Belgium and Switzerland - a reduction of 9,500 overall.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Altimedia provides web-based middleware for VOO TV+
Feb 15, 2021 – Altimedia has announced that it has provided the web-based middleware platform used for VOO TV+, a personalized, multiscreen television experience launched by VOO on February 15th in Belgium.
News categories: Altimedia, VOO, Jungcheol Park, Christian Vyncke, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
Triax dSCR products achieve EICS certification
Feb 15, 2021 – dSCR products from Triax have passed DTG Testing and CAI’s European-wide assurance scheme for TV and Satellite distribution equipment known as the European IRS Certification Scheme (EICS).
News categories: DTG Testing, CAI, Triax, Alex Buchan, Peter Sealey, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, UK
VOO TV+ UX upgraded with personalization from ContentWise
Feb 15, 2021 – VOO has selected ContentWise' experience UX automation and personalization software for its VOO TV+ linear pay TV and multiscreen VOD services. With VOO TV+, VOO creates a one-to-one and personalized relationship with its customers.
News categories: ContentWise, VOO, Paolo Bozzola, Christian Vyncke, Belgium, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, UX
- WOWOW licenses AI powered transcoder from Ittiam
- Latin America to add 63 million SVOD subscriptions
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress enables linear OTT channel creation
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- ATEME and NPAW offer free QoE analytics to their customers
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online