Digital TV News: 3 Screen Solutions
Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
Oct 29, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and Skyworth Digital have announced that they have integrated their technologies to create a new STB platform optimized to enable faster Android TV service launches with world-class viewing experiences.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Skyworth, Srithar Bala, Android TV, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente
Oct 12, 2020 – 3SS and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced that Allente, the entity resulting from the merger between Viasat Consumer and Canal Digital, is to deploy KAON STBs and middleware with 3SS-enabled viewing experiences.
News categories: 3SS, KAONMEDIA, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
Sep 23, 2020 – Israel's yes (TASE: BEZQ) has incorporated 3SS technology in its STINGTV streaming service. 3SS developed an operator application, in both English and Hebrew, offering a full range of features for STINGTV subscribers.
News categories: 3SS, 'Yes', Kai-Christian Borchers, Itzhak Elyakim, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, OTT, Smart TV, UX
Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
Sep 15, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Proximus Pickx, an IPTV+OTT TV offering from Belgium's Proximus, has gone live on an Android TV Operator Tier STB. The service replaces Proximus’ legacy AOSP-based TV offering.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jim Casteele, Advertising, Android TV, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
Aug 4, 2020 – 3SS has been chosen by ORS for the upcoming launch in Austria of its simpliTV digital TV service. 3SS is leading design, development and integration for the service, based on its 3READY Product Framework.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, ORS, simpliTV, Austria, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
Jul 30, 2020 – 3SS and Hoppr have joined forces to create an end-to-end monetization platform for Android TV. The pair have integrated the 3READY Custom Launcher with HopprTV to enable new possibilities for advertising.
News categories: 3SS, Hoppr, Pierre Donath, Cyril Daoud, Advertising, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Broadpeak video delivery added to 3SS entertainment ecosystem
Jun 25, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Broadpeak is bringing its video delivery software solutions, including its server-side controlled ABR streaming solution, to 3SS's 3READY Entertainment Ecosystem.
News categories: 3SS, Broadpeak, Pierre Donath, Jacques Le Mancq, Android TV, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
3SS and Technicolor upgrade Com Hem Tv Hub to Android P
Jun 4, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and Technicolor Connected Home announce their continued partnership with Tele2 as its Com Hem Tv Hub service upgrades to Android P. Com Hem Group merged with Tele2 in November 2018.
News categories: Technicolor, 3SS, Com Hem, Mercedes Pastor, Kai-Christian Borchers, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Sweden
SUPER RTL launches TOGGO Fire TV app with 3SS
Apr 17, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced being selected by Germany’s SUPER RTL for the launch of TOGGO, its AVOD kids’ service. By taking advantage of the 3SS 3READY Framework, the initial phase of the TOGGO rollout was completed within six months.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, SUPER RTL, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership