Digital TV News: Canal+ Group
AuthenTec and Insys Help Deliver CANAL+ Streaming TV Content to Mobile Subscribers in Poland
Mar 15, 2012 – AuthenTec (NASDAQ:AUTH) and Insys have announced that CYFRA+ has launched a smooth streaming content service for mobile devices that uses AuthenTec's Downloadable DRM Fusion™ content protection and Insys' InsysPlay video playback platform.
News categories: AuthenTec, Insys, CYFRA+, Apps, Content Protection, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, Poland, Smartphone, Streaming
Canal+ France adds 158,000 subscribers in 2011
Mar 1, 2012 – Vivendi (Paris: VIV) has released results for 2011. At the end of December 2011, Canal+ France had 11.216 million subscriptions, a net increase of 158,000 year-on-year.
News categories: Vivendi, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
TVN and Canal+ to merge their Polish pay-TV activities
Nov 1, 2011 – ITI Holdings has confirmed that, together with TVN, they have agreed on a partnership with CANAL+ Group to merge their Polish pay-TV activities in a joint venture in order to create a common DTH platform in Poland.
News categories: TVN Group, Canal+ Group, MandA, Poland, Satellite
Global Market for Internet TV to Reach $81.2 Billion by 2017
Apr 12, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts has announced the release of a comprehensive global report on Internet TV. The global market for Internet TV is forecast to reach $81.2 billion by the year 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
CANAL+ and Kudelski announce Swiss partnership
Mar 16, 2011 – In the framework of the April launch of a new HD package, CANAL+/CANALSAT Switzerland has selected Nagravision's (SIX: KUD.S) Nagra Media Access conditional access system to provide subscribers with access to HD content delivered via satellite.
News categories: Nagravision, CANALSAT, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Switzerland
Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes Enable Operators and Broadcasters for Internet Video Battleground
Sep 29, 2010 – With an Internet Protocol (IP) link coming in to nearly every possible consumer electronics device with a screen, hybrid Web-to-TV set top boxes (STB) will be vital tools that enable broadcasters and operators to compete, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Worldwide Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Box Market Will Reach US$ 1.3 Billion by 2014
Aug 10, 2010 – Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes will bring a new set of Internet services to TV sets. The value of Hybrid Set Top Boxes that are immediately put into use will reach US$ 1.3 Billion worldwide by 2014, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Media Player, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Canal+ migrates 490k subscribers to digital in 2009
Mar 1, 2010 – Vivendi (Paris: VIV) has released results for 2009. In metropolitan France, 2009 was marked by the resumption of subscription take-ups in the fall. In total, 490,000 subscribers have transferred to digital since the beginning of the year.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, GVT, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
Canal+ launches K+ DTH in Vietnam
Jan 12, 2010 – The CANAL+ Group (Paris: VIV) has announced the launch of K+ in Vietnam, the new bouquet of satellite channels operated by its subsidiary VSTV. The launch follows the signing last June of a partnership between CANAL+ and Vietnamese broadcaster VTV.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, VTV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers