Digital TV News: Cubiware
GSat Philippines DTH chooses Cubiware middleware
Jun 2, 2015 – Cubiware (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that its CubiTV hybrid middleware has been selected by Global Satellite (GSat) for delivery of digital video broadcast via satellite in the Philippines. CubiTV will be deployed on set-top boxes manufactured by Intek Digital.
News categories: Cubiware, GSat, Intek Digital, Maciej Grzonkowski, Philip J. Chien, Digital TV, Middleware, Philippines, Satellite
TiVo acquires Cubiware
May 26, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that is has acquired Cubiware, a provider of software for emerging market Pay-TV operators. Cubiware will expand TiVo's international presence in 25 countries.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cubiware, Tom Rogers, Jakub Gorski, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Poland, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cubiware debuts Ultra HD on TiVo-compatible client
Sep 13, 2014 – Cubiware has announced the successful integration of its pay-TV middleware with a TiVo-compatible demonstration client that has been upgraded to include decoding support for HEVC Ultra HD video.
News categories: Cubiware, TiVo Inc, Jakub Górski, David Sandford, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cubiware and CreNova collaborate on DVB-C and IPTV set-tops
Sep 9, 2014 – Cubiware has made public an agreement with CreNova Multimedia to develop a platform for delivery of pay-TV. Focused initially on hybrid cable (DVB-C) and IPTV deployments, the first CreNova set-top boxes will be based on the Broadcom 7583 chipset.
News categories: Cubiware, CreNova, Jakub Gorski, Metin Atalan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cubiware CubiTV middleware licensed by K-Vision
Jun 17, 2014 – Cubiware together with ALi Corporation has announced the signing of a licensing agreement with K-Vision, a pay-TV entity owned by Kompas Gramedia in Indonesia.
News categories: Cubiware, ALi Corp, K-Vision, Harya S. Pratama, Jakub Gorski, Tony Chang, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Cubiware CubiTV middleware licensed by Vodafone Iceland
May 20, 2014 – Cubiware and Sofia Digital, its Value Added Reseller, have announced the signing of a middleware licensing agreement with Vodafone Iceland. The agreement licenses the operator to deploy CubiTV on Vodafone Iceland set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Cubiware, Sofia Digital, Vodafone, Mika Kanerva, Maciej Grzonkowski, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Cubiware integrates CubiTV with Verimatrix VCAS revenue security
May 19, 2014 – Cubiware has announced the integration of the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) with Cubiware’s CubiTV hybrid middleware for set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Cubiware, Verimatrix, Jakub Górski, Steve Oetegenn, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Finland's DNA launches on-demand television with SeaChange
Mar 12, 2014 – Finland's DNA has launched an on-demand TV service on SeaChange's (Nasdaq:SEAC) Adrenalin multi-screen TV software platform. DNA Welho Entertainment allows people to view their favorite television shows independent of time and place.
News categories: SeaChange, DNA Oy, Mikko Saarentaus, Andrei Noppe, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finland, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Cubiware partners with STB maker Sinwatec to create Pay TV solution for Russia
Sep 14, 2013 – Cubiware has announced the launch of a middleware licensing agreement with Sinwatec. Formerly known as Promsvyaz, Sinwatec manufactures a line of set-top boxes for IPTV, cable, terrestrial, and media player applications.
News categories: Cubiware, Jakub Górski, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Russia, Set Top Box
- 4C to power reach optimization on NBCUniversal's One Platform
- Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
- North American pay TV revenues to fall by $50 billion
- Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
- Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
- Video ad impressions on U.S. CTV triple in two years
- Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
- Comcast acquires XUMO
- NBCUniversal updates audience targeting and transaction models
- Mola.tv selects Verimatrix Multi-DRM for OTT in Indonesia
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Beachfront, Beeswax adopt LiveRamp IdentityLink bidding for CTV
- WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs