Digital TV News: European Space Agency
CDN77 launches end-to-end live streaming and VOD platform
Jul 24, 2019 – CDN77 has launched its standalone platform for video processing and delivery. Catering to digital publishers, Streamflow reduces the complexity of video delivery by housing the entire live, linear and on-demand infrastructure under one roof.
News categories: CDN77, Bradmax, Zdenek Cendra, Tomas Bacik, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, HTML5, Latin America, Media Player, North America, OTT
Arianespace orbits SKY Brasil-1 and Telkom 3S HDTV satellites
Feb 14, 2017 – Arianespace has successfully launched two satellites: SKY Brasil-1 for AT&T/DIRECTV; and Telkom 3S for Telkom Indonesia as part of a turnkey contract with Thales Alenia Space.
News categories: Arianespace, DIRECTV Latin America, Telkom Indonesia, Thales, Stéphane Israël, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Latin America, Satellite, Venezuela
Hispasat 36W-1 satellite due for orbit on January 27
Jan 16, 2017 – HISPASAT has announced that Hispasat 36W-1 (H36W-1) will be put into orbit on January 27. H36W-1 has 20 Ku-band transponders and additional capacity for up to 3 Ka-band transponders over the Iberian Peninsula and the Canary Islands.
News categories: HISPASAT, CDTI, European Space Agency, Elena Pisonero, Juan Carlos Cortés, Xavier Lobao, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Satellite, Spain
Eutelsat to offer software-defined satellites
Dec 8, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced a programme that will enable its clients to actively define the performance and flexibility they need from a satellite. The software-defined 'Eutelsat Quantum' class of satellites will set new standards of configurability for users.
News categories: Eutelsat, European Space Agency, Airbus Defence and Space, Michel de Rosen, Magali Vaissiere, Eric Béranger, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite, Worldwide
S2 Licensing Formally Launches DVB-S2 Patent Licensing Campaign
Aug 25, 2008 – S2 Licensing has announced the launch of a licensing campaign under the combined patent rights in DVB S2 standardized technology held by DTVG Licensing, a subsidiary of The DIRECTV Group (NASDAQ:DTV), and RAI.
News categories: S2 Licensing, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC2019, Licensing, Patent, Satellite
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software