Digital TV News: European Space Agency
Sisvel becomes DVB-S2 patent pool administrator
Apr 30, 2020 – The family of DVB programs administered by Sisvel keeps growing, thanks to the addition of the DVB-S2 patent pool. The program previously managed by S2 Licensing, is now part of Sisvel's license offerings related to video.
News categories: Sisvel, Davide Ferri, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
CDN77 launches end-to-end live streaming and VOD platform
Jul 24, 2019 – CDN77 has launched its standalone platform for video processing and delivery. Catering to digital publishers, Streamflow reduces the complexity of video delivery by housing the entire live, linear and on-demand infrastructure under one roof.
News categories: CDN77, Bradmax, Zdenek Cendra, Tomas Bacik, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, HTML5, Latin America, Media Player, North America, OTT
Arianespace orbits SKY Brasil-1 and Telkom 3S HDTV satellites
Feb 14, 2017 – Arianespace has successfully launched two satellites: SKY Brasil-1 for AT&T/DIRECTV; and Telkom 3S for Telkom Indonesia as part of a turnkey contract with Thales Alenia Space.
News categories: Arianespace, DIRECTV Latin America, Telkom Indonesia, Thales, Stéphane Israël, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Latin America, Satellite, Venezuela
Hispasat 36W-1 satellite due for orbit on January 27
Jan 16, 2017 – HISPASAT has announced that Hispasat 36W-1 (H36W-1) will be put into orbit on January 27. H36W-1 has 20 Ku-band transponders and additional capacity for up to 3 Ka-band transponders over the Iberian Peninsula and the Canary Islands.
News categories: HISPASAT, CDTI, European Space Agency, Elena Pisonero, Juan Carlos Cortés, Xavier Lobao, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Satellite, Spain
Eutelsat to offer software-defined satellites
Dec 8, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced a programme that will enable its clients to actively define the performance and flexibility they need from a satellite. The software-defined 'Eutelsat Quantum' class of satellites will set new standards of configurability for users.
News categories: Eutelsat, European Space Agency, Airbus Defence and Space, Michel de Rosen, Magali Vaissiere, Eric Béranger, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite, Worldwide
S2 Licensing Formally Launches DVB-S2 Patent Licensing Campaign
Aug 25, 2008 – S2 Licensing has announced the launch of a licensing campaign under the combined patent rights in DVB S2 standardized technology held by DTVG Licensing, a subsidiary of The DIRECTV Group (NASDAQ:DTV), and RAI.
News categories: S2 Licensing, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC2020, Licensing, Patent, Satellite
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs