Digital TV News: European Space Agency
Arianespace orbits Galaxy 30, MEV-2 and BSAT-4b satellites
Aug 15, 2020 – Arianespace has launched three satellites into orbit - Galaxy 30, MEV-2 and BSAT-4b. BSAT-4b will be used for DTH television in Japan. Galaxy 30 will provide UHD video distribution/broadcast across North America.
News categories: Arianespace, Stéphane Israël, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, North America, Satellite
Sisvel becomes DVB-S2 patent pool administrator
Apr 30, 2020 – The family of DVB programs administered by Sisvel keeps growing, thanks to the addition of the DVB-S2 patent pool. The program previously managed by S2 Licensing, is now part of Sisvel's license offerings related to video.
News categories: Sisvel, Davide Ferri, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
CDN77 launches end-to-end live streaming and VOD platform
Jul 24, 2019 – CDN77 has launched its standalone platform for video processing and delivery. Catering to digital publishers, Streamflow reduces the complexity of video delivery by housing the entire live, linear and on-demand infrastructure under one roof.
News categories: CDN77, Bradmax, Zdenek Cendra, Tomas Bacik, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, HTML5, Latin America, Media Player, North America, Streaming
Arianespace orbits SKY Brasil-1 and Telkom 3S HDTV satellites
Feb 14, 2017 – Arianespace has successfully launched two satellites: SKY Brasil-1 for AT&T/DIRECTV; and Telkom 3S for Telkom Indonesia as part of a turnkey contract with Thales Alenia Space.
News categories: Arianespace, DIRECTV Latin America, Telkom Indonesia, Thales, Stéphane Israël, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Latin America, Satellite, Venezuela
Hispasat 36W-1 satellite due for orbit on January 27
Jan 16, 2017 – HISPASAT has announced that Hispasat 36W-1 (H36W-1) will be put into orbit on January 27. H36W-1 has 20 Ku-band transponders and additional capacity for up to 3 Ka-band transponders over the Iberian Peninsula and the Canary Islands.
News categories: HISPASAT, CDTI, European Space Agency, Elena Pisonero, Juan Carlos Cortés, Xavier Lobao, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Satellite, Spain
Eutelsat to offer software-defined satellites
Dec 8, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced a programme that will enable its clients to actively define the performance and flexibility they need from a satellite. The software-defined 'Eutelsat Quantum' class of satellites will set new standards of configurability for users.
News categories: Eutelsat, European Space Agency, Airbus Defence and Space, Michel de Rosen, Magali Vaissiere, Eric Béranger, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite, Worldwide
S2 Licensing Formally Launches DVB-S2 Patent Licensing Campaign
Aug 25, 2008 – S2 Licensing has announced the launch of a licensing campaign under the combined patent rights in DVB S2 standardized technology held by DTVG Licensing, a subsidiary of The DIRECTV Group (NASDAQ:DTV), and RAI.
News categories: S2 Licensing, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC, Licensing, Patent, Satellite
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way