Digital TV News: European Space Agency
CDN77 launches end-to-end live streaming and VOD platform
Jul 24, 2019 – CDN77 has launched its standalone platform for video processing and delivery. Catering to digital publishers, Streamflow reduces the complexity of video delivery by housing the entire live, linear and on-demand infrastructure under one roof.
News categories: CDN77, Bradmax, Zdenek Cendra, Tomas Bacik, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, HTML5, Latin America, Media Player, North America, OTT
Arianespace orbits SKY Brasil-1 and Telkom 3S HDTV satellites
Feb 14, 2017 – Arianespace has successfully launched two satellites: SKY Brasil-1 for AT&T/DIRECTV; and Telkom 3S for Telkom Indonesia as part of a turnkey contract with Thales Alenia Space.
News categories: Arianespace, DIRECTV Latin America, Telkom Indonesia, Thales, Stéphane Israël, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Latin America, Satellite, Venezuela
Hispasat 36W-1 satellite due for orbit on January 27
Jan 16, 2017 – HISPASAT has announced that Hispasat 36W-1 (H36W-1) will be put into orbit on January 27. H36W-1 has 20 Ku-band transponders and additional capacity for up to 3 Ka-band transponders over the Iberian Peninsula and the Canary Islands.
News categories: HISPASAT, CDTI, European Space Agency, Elena Pisonero, Juan Carlos Cortés, Xavier Lobao, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Satellite, Spain
Eutelsat to offer software-defined satellites
Dec 8, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced a programme that will enable its clients to actively define the performance and flexibility they need from a satellite. The software-defined 'Eutelsat Quantum' class of satellites will set new standards of configurability for users.
News categories: Eutelsat, European Space Agency, Airbus Defence and Space, Michel de Rosen, Magali Vaissiere, Eric Béranger, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite, Worldwide
S2 Licensing Formally Launches DVB-S2 Patent Licensing Campaign
Aug 25, 2008 – S2 Licensing has announced the launch of a licensing campaign under the combined patent rights in DVB S2 standardized technology held by DTVG Licensing, a subsidiary of The DIRECTV Group (NASDAQ:DTV), and RAI.
News categories: S2 Licensing, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC2019, Licensing, Patent, Satellite
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient