Digital TV News: NTT DOCOMO
MPEG LA Offers MVC Patent Portfolio License
Feb 22, 2012 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the MVC Patent Portfolio License. The joint license includes patents that are essential to the Multiview Video Coding ('MVC') standard for encoding and decoding 3D video.
News categories: MPEG LA, Blu-ray, Licensing, Metaverse, Patent
DOCOMO Unveils Japan's First Two Devices for V-High Multimedia Broadcasting Services
Feb 16, 2012 – NTT DOCOMO (Tokyo:9437) has announced two Android mobiles, Japan's first devices compatible with V-High multimedia broadcasting. Users of the devices will be able to watch 'NOTTV', a mobile multimedia broadcasting station that will begin operating on April 1.
News categories: DOCOMO, NOTTV, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet
Smartphone-only TV service to launch in Japan
Oct 4, 2011 – MMBI has announced, at the CEATEC electronics show in Tokyo, its new mobile TV channel to be called 'NOTTV'. The service will only be available on smartphones, and will launch officially in April 2012.
News categories: MMBI, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, Smartphone
Content protection on HTC's Android Devices, powered by Discretix
Feb 13, 2011 – Discretix has announced that HTC (Taipei:2498) has extended its Discretix Multi-Scheme DRM license, to include support for Microsoft PlayReady® DRM technology on Android smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Discretix, HTC Corp, Content Protection, Mobile, MWC22, Streaming
Asia Pacific LTE Connections to Surpass 120 Million by 2015
Nov 16, 2010 – The number of LTE connections in Asia Pacific will exceed 120 million by 2015, according to new data released today by Wireless Intelligence. This aggressive growth will be spearheaded by China.
News categories: Wireless Intelligence, 5G, Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, Mobile, Philippines, Taiwan
Japan favours ISDB-Tmm over MediaFLO for mobile TV
Sep 8, 2010 – A government advisory panel in Japan has selected NTT DoCoMo (Tokyo:9437) who proposed the use of ISDB-Tmm, over KDDI (Tokyo: 9433) whose system is based on MediaFLO, to provide a mobile TV service for the country starting in 2012.
News categories: NTT DoCoMo, KDDI, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, Regulation, Smart TV
DoCoMo Unveils Mobile TV Prototype at Expo Comm Wireless Japan 2010
Jul 15, 2010 – At the Expo Comm Wireless Japan 2010 trade show, DoCoMo (Tokyo: 9437) unveiled the prototype of a device that will allow users to watch video via its 'mmbi' broadcasting service. The service is due for launch in spring 2012.
News categories: DoCoMo, mmbi, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile
DOCOMO, Renesas, Fujitsu, NEC, Panasonic and Sharp to Develop Mobile Application Platform
Apr 26, 2010 – NTT DOCOMO, Renesas, Fujitsu, NEC, Panasonic and Sharp have announced their agreement to jointly develop a new application platform for mobile phones that will be compatible with both the Symbian and Linux operating systems.
News categories: DOCOMO, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor
MPEG LA Updates AVC Patent Portfolio License
Feb 2, 2009 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its AVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the AVC/H.264 Standard as defined in ISO/IEC 14496-10:2008, 4th Edition (2008-09-15).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th