Digital TV News: Screen Digest
Inverto to unveil Unicable II LNB & Switch
Apr 3, 2014 – INVERTO has announced the availability of Unicable II, a new Unicable multi-switch and Low Noise Block (LNB) products, with up to 24 User Bands. The products conform to CENELEC standards EN50494 and EN50607.
News categories: INVERTO, Gil Laifer, LNB, Satellite, Worldwide
Technicolor reaches 300 million CPEs milestone
Apr 2, 2014 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has shipped its 300 millionth CPE. In 2013, Technicolor shipped 32.5 million CPEs to its diversified customer base around the world.
News categories: Technicolor, Pascal Portelli, CPE, Market Research, Worldwide
Cisco reaches over 100 million digital TV homes in Asia Pacific
Oct 17, 2013 – In the digital television (TV) industry in Asia Pacific, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the leading provider of conditional access (CA) and digital rights management (DRM), securing content that is delivered to more than 100 million digital homes in the region.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sue Taylor, Asia, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Multimedia Home Gateway Shipments Set to Surge a Hundredfold by 2015
Mar 11, 2013 – Global shipments of multimedia home gateways are expected to rise by a factor of more than 100 from 2011 to 2015 as pay-TV operators seek to unify the delivery of different forms of video content to all types of devices in homes, according to an IHS Screen Digest report.
News categories: Screen Digest, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home
22 of 27 EU countries implement analogue TV switch-off by end-2012
Mar 11, 2013 – The Yearbook recently published by the European Audiovisual Observatory showed that the year 2012 was a significant watershed for digital terrestrial television in the European Union with a total of 22 EU member States having hit the recommended digital switchover deadline.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Digital TV, EU, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Market Research, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Terrestrial, Turkey
30 million digital cable TV subscribers in Europe
Mar 5, 2013 – At Cable Congress 2013, Cable Europe has announced data from IHS Screen Digest that shows 5.5% top-line cable revenue growth across Europe, representing nearly €1bn in new revenues for 2012. The number of Digital TV subscribers also rose 9.2% to 30.5 million, up from 28 million at the end of 2011.
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
Global 3-D Market Flourishes Across Cinema, Home Video and TV VoD Platforms
Dec 20, 2012 – The global 3-D consumer market is thriving in a dynamic environment marked by clear and discernible growth across its major platforms, including cinema, home video and pay-TV video on demand, according to an IHS Screen Digest report.
News categories: Screen Digest, Blu-ray, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, VR
OTT Providers Must Address Delivery Network Access to Remain Competitive
Sep 18, 2012 – A detailed analysis by IHS (NYSE: IHS) reveals that the costs of OTT rises to uncompetitive levels when such services are scaled up to meet the demands of large numbers of the average TV-viewing public.
News categories: Screen Digest, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Canada's Pay-TV Market Set to Peak this Year
Sep 5, 2012 – Canada's pay-TV market is expected to reach the saturation point this year, compelling the country's cable, satellite and IPTV operators to seek new growth opportunities, according to an IHS Screen Digest report.
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic