Digital TV News: Smart Com
IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
May 19, 2020 – IFA has been given the go-ahead to take place in 2020 as a real-life event in Berlin. Taking place over just three days – from 3 to 5 September – the invite-only event will put strict limits on the number of attendees and focus on IFA’s four global core functions.
News categories: IFA Berlin, Jens Heithecker, COVID-19, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020
iWedia Teatro-3.5 Android TV software available on Askey UHD STBs
Sep 14, 2017 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 software solution for Android TV Set-Top Boxes (STB) is available for the latest UHD STB from Askey Computer. A pure IP STB, the Askey STI6080 is based on Amlogic's S912 chipset.
News categories: iWedia, Askey, Nikola Teslić, Thomas Ho, Android TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Inspur and Ericsson sign MoU for Cloud, Media and IoT cooperation
Jul 13, 2016 – Inspur and Ericsson have announced that they have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). With this new agreement, the two companies will expand their collaboration into new business areas such as cloud infrastructure, TV and media, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
News categories: Inspur, Ericsson, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Dial Telecom launches KUKI TV for its fibre customers in the Czech Republic
Mar 6, 2015 – Dial Telecom has launched KUKI TV for its fibre customers in the Czech Republic. The IPTV service can be viewed either on a television via an HD set-top box or on up to four mobile devices.
News categories: Dial Telecom, SMART Comp, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
450,000 devices connected to nangu.TV
Nov 6, 2014 – nangu.TV has announced that more than 450,000 paid subscribers using active devices including set-top boxes, mobile phones, tablets and PCs are now connected to its media platform, which enables the delivery of television and video content.
News categories: nangu.TV, Tomas Padera, Czech Republic, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Poland, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UAE, Ukraine
ARM announces single-core video codec IP for HEVC
Oct 28, 2014 – ARM (LSE:ARM; NASDAQ:ARMH) has announced a suite of integrated media IP designed to deliver rich visual content. The IP suite is comprised of the Mali-V550 video accelerator, the Mali-DP550 display processor and the Mali-T800 GPU family.
News categories: ARM, Mark Dickinson, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Philippines' Smart mobile adds Blink VOD access
Sep 1, 2014 – Subscribers of Smart and Sun Cellular in the Philippines now have access to Hollywood blockbusters and episodes of their favourite TV series using their cellphone through Blink, the country’s largest video-on-demand streaming service.
News categories: Smart Communications, Blink, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines, Smartphone, Tablet
IN Media Launches Android 2.2 IPTV Set Top Box
Mar 8, 2011 – IN Media (Pink Sheets: IMDC) has announced the latest release of its IPTV Set Top Box running Google's Android platform version 2.2.
News categories: IN Media Corp, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
BH Telecom Powers On-Demand Video Services Using Espial MediaBase
Mar 23, 2010 – Espial (TSX:ESP) has announced that BH Telecom has successfully launched video-on-demand services using Espial MediaBase. BH Telecom is the largest quad-play service provider in Bosnia & Herzegovina with 2 million subscribers.
News categories: Espial, BH Telecom, Smart Com, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results