Digital TV News: Variety
DISH to add to fleet with new Maxar satellite order
Apr 18, 2023 – Maxar (NYSE: MAXR) (TSX: MAXR) has received an order for a direct broadcast satellite from DISH, designated ES XXV. Th satellite will be operated by DISH and deliver content across North America.
News categories: Maxar, DISH Network, Chris Johnson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, North America, Satellite
Vialma chooses OKAST to launch FAST channel on Samsung TV Plus
Apr 17, 2023 – Vialma has chosen OKAST Channels to launch its FAST service on the Samsung TV Plus platform. OKAST Channels enabled Vialma to create, launch, and distribute its FAST channel in a few weeks.
News categories: OKAST, Vialma, Cédric Monnier, Guillaume Descottes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
Software and services drive U.S. consumer technology market growth
Apr 12, 2023 – The CTA has announced its first U.S. Consumer Technology Software and Services Industry Forecast showing that software and services account for 31% of the U.S. consumer technology market in 2023.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
Bitcentral launches ViewNexa streaming platform
Apr 11, 2023 – Bitcentral has announced a solution for the modern video business that delivers video management, distribution, and monetization all without the overhead of multiple platforms.
News categories: Bitcentral, Greg Morrow, Steve Petilli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
CalaTelevision to launch CalaWeather channel with PlayBox Neo
Apr 6, 2023 – CalaTelevision will add a new cloud-based playout system for its CalaWeather channel – Cloud2TV from PlayBox Neo. CalaWeather provides weather for the Caribbean and Central America.
News categories: PlayBox Neo, CalaTelevision, Caribbean, Central America, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow
Smart TVs account for half of U.S. OTT TV viewing
Apr 3, 2023 – Research from Aluma Insights finds U.S. adult SVOD viewers spend half their streaming TV time watching on smart TVs, up from 31% in 2015, 2.5 times the contribution of streaming media players.
News categories: Aluma Insights, Michael Greeson, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
yes selects Synamedia and 3SS for smart TV user experience
Mar 30, 2023 – yes (TASE: BEZQ) is deploying a smart TV UX for its yes+ premium streaming service powered by Synamedia. yes has also released a range of yes+ smart TV apps developed by 3SS, in partnership with Synamedia.
News categories: Synamedia, 3SS, 'yes', Dr. Tzvi Gerstl, Kai-Christian Borchers, Itzhak Elyakim, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Smart TV, Streaming, UX
24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
Mar 30, 2023 – 24i has partnered with Amagi to offer FAST channel providers a rapid route to launching their own apps and expanding their services to offer AVOD and SVOD alongside their existing live and linear streams.
News categories: Amagi, 24i, SEGI.TV, Baskar Subramanian, Dr. Neale Foster, Edward Sylvan, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
Mar 28, 2023 – Nearly 7 in 10 (69%) TV content viewers in the U.S. use free streaming services at least monthly, a sharp increase from 42% in 2019, according to a recent study from Horowitz.
News categories: Horowitz, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.
- ACCESS offers simple route for operators to add OTT TV services
- Net Solution acquires Beenius IPTV/OTT platform