Digital TV News: Viaccess
Orange France deploys nPVR with Viaccess-Orca
Dec 16, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that, using VO's Service Delivery Platform, Orange France is now offering nPVR capabilities that enable its subscribers to schedule and record linear channels from any device.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange, Philippe Leonetti, Christian Bombrun, Yvonnick Boursier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, IPTV
TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
Sep 21, 2020 – Anevia and Viaccess-Orca have announced the launch of an OTT TV platform in Bogotá with TV Red Digital. TV Red Digital will operate the platform as a white-label OTT TV resource available to Colombian ISPs.
News categories: Anevia, Viaccess-Orca, Grégory Samson, Carlos Ramos, Days Velazco, Colombia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV
Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
Sep 15, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that 1.75 billion licenses of its multi-DRM cloud service have been delivered in the last 12 months by Orange, demonstrating the scalability of the solution for IPTV and OTT service protection.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange, Philippe Leonetti, Christian Bombrun, Belgium, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRM, France, IPTV, Poland, Spain
Viaccess-Orca 5G-compatible VR player deployed by PCCW Media
Jul 23, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that its secure video player, supporting the delivery of virtual reality (VR) and 8K video over 5G networks, has been deployed by PCCW Media for its new VR content.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, PCCW, Philippe Lasry, Belinda Chan, 5G, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Media Player, VR
Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
Jul 9, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that Flynet, an ISP in El Salvador, is using its multi-DRM for content protection. Using the solution, Flynet can securely deliver live OTT channels to subscribers on every screen.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Flynet, Carlos Ramos, Alexander Gomez, Digital TV, DRM, El Salvador, OTT
Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
Feb 26, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced today that its Dynamic Watermarking solution, developed in collaboration with b<>com, has undergone a stringent assessment carried out by Cartesian, an independent consultancy company for the communications and digital media industries.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, b<>com, Cartesian, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Gaëtan Le Guelvouit, Lee Kent, Content Protection, Watermarking, Worldwide
Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
Nov 12, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that the Malian Transmission and Broadcasting Corporation (SMTD) has chosen VO's cardless CAS to secure its DTT platform. Thomson Broadcast will manage the deployment of the DTT infrastructure.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, SMTD, Arnaud Alvarez, Ismaila Togola, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mali, Terrestrial
Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak power NPVR service for Orange Poland
Sep 12, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that it is powering a new NPVR service for Orange Poland in partnership with Broadpeak. VO's Service Delivery Platform (SDP) has been integrated with Broadpeak's CloudPVR solution.
News categories: Broadpeak, Viaccess-Orca, Orange, Jacques Le Mancq, Paul Molinier, Piotr Jaworski, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Poland
Viaccess-Orca secures Android TV STB for Orange Spain
Sep 10, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Orange Spain has deployed an Android TV set-top box (STB) secured by VO's DRM solution for its IPTV service. The STB will enable Orange Spain pay-TV subscribers to access a wide range of premium content, including Ultra HD, live, and VOD.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange, Paul Molinier, José Antonio Guzmán, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES