Digital TV News: ARRIS International
ARRIS powers satellite distribution for AMC Networks
Apr 2, 2019 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that AMC Networks has selected ARRIS for video compression and transcoding. The ARRIS platform will serve as a foundation for AMC Networks' satellite distribution architecture of the future.
News categories: ARRIS International, AMC Networks, Dan Whalen, Steve Pontillo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Satellite, USA
Atlantic Broadband adds Alexa functionality to its TiVo-powered video platform
Mar 6, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that Amazon Alexa voice control functionality is now available through its TiVo-powered video platform. With the enhancement, customer can issue hands-free voice commands without the need for a remote control.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo Corp, Alexa, Heather McCallion, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA, UX
CommScope to acquire ARRIS
Nov 8, 2018 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has agreed to acquire ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) in an all-cash transaction for $31.75 per share, or a total purchase price of approximately $7.4 billion, including the repayment of debt.
News categories: CommScope, ARRIS International, Eddie Edwards, Bruce McClelland, Content Distribution, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, MandA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ARRIS extends growth with customer wins in APAC
Oct 23, 2018 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced two high-profile customer wins – Foxtel (Australia) and SK Broadband (Korea)– showcasing continued international momentum for its expanded portfolio.
News categories: ARRIS International, Foxtel, SK Broadband, Steve McCaffery, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite, Set Top Box
RDK launches App Program for service providers
Sep 18, 2018 – RDK Management has unveiled an app program to make it easier to develop and launch apps for RDK-based STBs. Service providers can use a new RDK App Framework to build their own, or choose a pre-integrated solution such as the Metrological App Store.
News categories: RDK Management, Metrological, Steve Heeb, Jeroen Ghijsen, Apps, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ARRIS announcing additional customer wins at IBC
Sep 13, 2018 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced a number of customer wins from around the world. Recent wins with HBO Latin America, Liberty Global in Germany, Sky Italia and Stofa in Denmark underscore ARRIS's international leadership.
News categories: ARRIS International, Steve McCaffery, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2022, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Intigral chooses ARRIS STBs for Jawwy TV home entertainment service
Jun 12, 2018 – Saudi Telecom subsidiary, Intigral, has chosen ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to provide products and services for its first digital entertainment offering, Jawwy TV, in Saudi Arabia. ARRIS's VIP4302W OTT set-top will power the service.
News categories: ARRIS International, Intigral, Steve McCaffery, Hamoud Al Rumayan, Digital TV, HTML5, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, Streaming
Broadband Forum brings IoT home with new USP standard
Apr 17, 2018 – The Broadband Forum has published its User Services Platform (USP) – a new standard for implementing, deploying and managing all types of devices in the broadband home.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Barbara Stark, Robin Mersh, John Blackford, Jason Walls, Digital TV, Gateway, Smart Home, Worldwide
ARRIS set-tops to power Bell Canada's MediaFirst deployment
Feb 13, 2018 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) is enabling Bell Canada to offer its Fibe TV customers an more rich and personalized TV experience via its set-top box support for Ericsson's MediaFirst personalized multiscreen, TV Everywhere, IPTV and pay TV system.
News categories: ARRIS International, Bell, Larry Robinson, Rizwan Jamal, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023