Digital TV News: BT
Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 5, 2023 – Miami viewers can now access five more free OTA channels with NEXTGEN TV: WPLG-TV (ABC), WSVN-TV (FOX, TheGrio, and This TV), and WPLG has started broadcasting LOCAL 10 Plus.
News categories: Pearl TV, WPLG-TV, WSVN-TV, Anne Schelle, Bert Medina, Paul Magnes, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
Dec 5, 2023 – Gracenote has announced an automotive data platform developed to grant automakers easy access to the company's entertainment datasets to power differentiated in-car media experiences.
News categories: Gracenote, Trent Wheeler, Big Data, CES2024, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
Nov 26, 2023 – NorDig has releases a package of updated specifications: IRD Specification ver. 3.2.1 and Unified Test Plan ver. 3.2.1. An updated version of NorDig Rules of Operation will be released later.
News categories: NorDig, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, HbbTV, Iceland, Ireland, Norway, QoE, Set Top Box, Sweden
Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
Nov 27, 2023 – The DASH-IF Conformance Tool has been updated. Along with DASH content conformance, the new tool has options to check CMAF and WAVE requirements, as well as HLS compliance.
News categories: DASH-IF, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
Nov 24, 2023 – The HbbTV Association has released an updated version of the HbbTV Operator Application specification with improved support for IP-delivered linear channels.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, Worldwide
iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
Nov 22, 2023 – iWedia has extended its product portfolio with HbbTV Harness, a tool enabling interoperability, conformance and certification testing for HbbTV hybrid digital TV receivers.
News categories: iWedia, Hans-Juergen Desor, Digital TV, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
KC Global Media launches HD FAST channel on JioTV and JioTV+
Nov 21, 2023 – KC Global Media has announced the launch of KCM, its first FAST channel in HD for Asia. Starting with India, the channel will be available on free streaming platforms JioTV and JioTV+.
News categories: KC Global Media, Jio, Andy Kaplan, George Chien, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Telstra Broadcast Services and BT pool media network footprints
Nov 21, 2023 – Telstra Broadcast Services (TBS) and BT have entered into an alliance to bring together each company's global media network teams, pooling their network infrastructure and localised expertise.
News categories: Telstra, BT Group, Karen Clark, Faisal Mahomed, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK, Worldwide
Fórum SBTVD selects ATSC 3.0 physical layer for Phase 3 field testing
Nov 20, 2023 – The ATSC has announced that the SBTVD Forum has selected the ATSC 3.0 physical layer as one of two technologies to advance from Phase 3 lab testing to Phase 3 field testing.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, SBTVD Forum, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond