Digital TV News: BT
Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
Jun 23, 2022 – Irdeto has announced results for its 2022 financial year. Irdeto Video Entertainment continued to grow its global footprint, bringing new innovations to the market and supporting the needs of its customers.
News categories: Irdeto, Doug Lowther, Advertising, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, RDK, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Multiperiod DASH and PlayReady SL3000 added to HbbTV reference application
Jun 20, 2022 – The HbbTV Association has announced additions to its DASH DRM Reference Application: multiperiod DASH, as may result from server-side ad insertion (SSAI); and PlayReady SL3000, as is being required more and more by US content providers.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Streaming, Worldwide
FAST advertising performance continues to excel according to Amagi
Jun 9, 2022 – Amagi has announced the fourth edition of its Global FAST Quarterly report, revealing that FAST ad engagement has seen significant growth in 2022, with native ad formats like Dynamic Brand Insertion (DBI) promising new avenues for monetization.
News categories: Amagi, Srinivasan KA, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
8-10% of streaming ad impressions play when the TV is shut off
Jun 13, 2022 – GroupM has partnered with media companies in the advertising industry to create new standards in streaming viewability and CTV measurement. The initiative follows a study with iSpot that quantifies inflated CTV ad delivery counts and reveals that, on average, 8-10% of streaming impressions play when the TV is shut off.
News categories: GroupM, iSpot.tv, Kirk McDonald, Sean Muller, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Bloomberg linear channels available on ZEASN-powered Smart TVs
Jun 9, 2022 – ZEASN has announced a partnership with Bloomberg. The deal encompasses the launch of the linear streaming channels Bloomberg Television and Bloomberg Quicktake on WhaleLive in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and other territories.
News categories: ZEASN, Bloomberg, Winson Chen, Soo Kan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Smart TV, Streaming
Tech4home extends RDK support to entire voice remote product range
Jun 2, 2022 – Tech4home has announced that it has extended RDK pre-integration to its entire product line of voice control remote controls. The company announced its first Bluetooth Low Energy remote control for RDK set-tops last year.
News categories: Tech4home, Graça Cândido, Rob Suero, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
May 24, 2022 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that TV5MONDE is streaming its channels to millions of households with Harmonic's VOS®360 cloud SaaS platform. The platform streamlines all stages of the media processing and delivery chain.
News categories: Harmonic, TV5MONDE, Tony Berthaud, Sébastien Bogaert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
May 19, 2022 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has expanded deduplication of CTV audiences to include Smart TV OEM inventory, providing viewership data inclusive of co-viewing across Samsung and VIZIO devices, in addition to other streaming platforms.
News categories: Nielsen, Ameneh Atai, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
May 17, 2022 – iWedia has announced the launch of an ATSC 3.0 broadcast and broadband software stack, designed to give network operators more flexibility, greater reliability and more efficient operation. iWedia has also become a member of the ATSC committee.
News categories: iWedia, Hans-Jürgen Desor, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Worldwide
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households