Digital TV News: EKT
Nordija, EKT, Verimatrix offer cloud solution for IPTV/OTT video providers
Sep 7, 2020 – Nordija, EKT and Verimatrix have unveiled a cloud-based solution for IPTV and OTT video service providers. The Stratos bundle pre-integrates Nordija's video platform, EKT's device management and Verimatrix's content security.
News categories: Nordija, EKT, Verimatrix, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Worldwide
HEVC patent infringement suits brought against Vestel and Xiaomi
Aug 17, 2020 – Certain patent owners in the HEVC Advance HEVC/H.265 Patent Pool have filed separate proceedings against Vestel and Xiaomi in Germany for infringing patents essential to the HEVC/H.265 video coding standard.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Digital TV, Germany, Licensing, Patent
LG first to exceed CTA's requirements for 8K Ultra HD TVs
Dec 16, 2019 – LG Electronics (LG) has announced that its TVs are the first in the world to exceed the requirements established by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) to define the new generation of 8K Ultra HD products and services.
News categories: LG Electronics, Consumer Technology Association, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
ACCESS CO. and EKT integrate the NetRange Application Store
Sep 13, 2019 – ACCESS CO. and EKT have announced that they are extending their partnership to integrate the NetRange Application Store, a widely deployed Smart TV store with a worldwide catalogue of thousands of apps, to deliver next generation TV and OTT consumer experiences.
News categories: ACCESS CO, EKT, Netrange, Dr. Neale Foster, Richard Smith, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box
Nordija and EKT deploy pre-integrated solution in Trinidad & Tobago
Jul 1, 2019 – EKT, together with Nordija, has announced the deployment of a pre-integrated DVB/IP Hybrid solution for Airlink in Trinidad & Tobago. EKT’s LinuxTV platform provided the basis on top of which Nordija delivered the user experience.
News categories: Nordija, EKT, Airlink, Jeroen van Vliet, Richard Smith, Keenan Singh, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box, Trinidad and Tobago, UX
OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
May 20, 2019 – With streaming rapidly becoming a high-priority investment area for media firms, the $62.0 million OTT monitoring and compliance (M&C) market is forecast to expand at a CAGR of 15.8% to reach $149.7 million by 2024, according to Frost & Sullivan.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Robert Cavin, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
Tektronix Video merges into Telestream
Apr 25, 2019 – Telestream has announced a partnership with Fortive (NYSE: FTV) to integrate Tektronix Video, a global leader in video test, monitoring and quality assurance solutions for the broadcast and digital media markets, into the Telestream business.
News categories: Telestream, Tektronix, Scott Puopolo, MandA, QoE, Worldwide
More than 100 active Smart TV partners for Connekt in Q3
Dec 18, 2018 – Connekt has announced that more than 100 carriers, content and media companies, as well as cross-device advertisers, were partnered with the company during the third quarter of 2018.
News categories: Connekt, Mike O’Donnell, Advertising, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Connekt brings 'Buy Now' button to Sony smart TVs
Oct 2, 2018 – Connekt has developed a collaboration with Sony Electronics to enable T-Commerce on select Sony Smart TVs and Blu-ray Disc Players. Through Connekt’s ShopTV application, consumers will be able to securely purchase products directly from the TV.
News categories: Connekt, Sony Electronics, Mike Fitzsimmons, Nick Colsey, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand