Digital TV News: Google
RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
Oct 15, 2020 – RCN, Grande and Wave have announced the availability of the TiVo Stream 4K. The device will be paired with RCN, Grande and Wave’s ultra-high-speed internet to bring its customers more home entertainment options.
News categories: RCN, TiVo, Chris Fenger, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
Oct 15, 2020 – Nielsen has announced that it will measure YouTube’s streaming TV inventory to help media buyers and sellers better understand and verify audiences on the YouTube and YouTube TV apps on connected TVs.
News categories: Nielsen, YouTube, Scott Brown, Debbie Weinstein, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
Oct 15, 2020 – Tata Elxsi has announced its selection as a 3PL certification partner for Google Widevine, to deliver secure premium content protection for Broadcast, Media, Consumer Electronics and Automotive applications.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Widevine, Nitin Pai, Brian Baker, Content Protection, OTT, Worldwide
EMEA Smart Home market expected to rebound in 2H 2020
Oct 12, 2020 – The smart home market in EMEA declined 7.2% in the second quarter of 2020, compared to the same period of the previous year, according to IDC. The market accounted for 20.287 million units between April and June.
News categories: IDC, Antonio Arantes, Jan Prenosil, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Smart Home
3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente
Oct 12, 2020 – 3SS and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced that Allente, the entity resulting from the merger between Viasat Consumer and Canal Digital, is to deploy KAON STBs and middleware with 3SS-enabled viewing experiences.
News categories: 3SS, KAONMEDIA, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
BenQ releases True 4K HDR home projectors powered by Android TV
Oct 6, 2020 – BenQ has launched a line of smart home projectors powered by Android TV. The True 4K HDR projectors have built-in access to all the movies, shows, sports, music, and games found on Google Play.
News categories: BenQ, Android TV, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV
Zapi OTT pay TV service launches in Spain with Mirada
Sep 29, 2020 – Mirada has announced the commercial launch of Zapi, an OTT-based Pay TV platform from Plataforma Multimedia de Operadores (PMO) in Spain. The service is based on Mirada's Iris with its custom launcher for Android TV Operator Tier STBs.
News categories: Mirada, Plataforma Multimedia de Operadores, José Luis Vázquez, José Carrillo, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Spain, UX
FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
Sep 16, 2020 – The International Hockey Federation (FIH) and NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) have announced the launch of 'Watch.Hockey', a fan engagement app. The app is powered by NAGRA's 'sports-as-a-service' platform.
News categories: NAGRA, FIH, Jean-Luc Jezouin, Thierry Weil, Apps, Digital TV, Worldwide
Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
Sep 16, 2020 – Liberty Puerto Rico has launched Hub TV. Developed by Liberty Latin America (LLA) and TiVo, Hub TV is an IPTV console that uses the TiVo platform to give customers a personalized multimedia entertainment experience.
News categories: Liberty Puerto Rico, TiVo, Waldo Hooker, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025
- All-time high for streaming video according to Limelight Networks
- ZTE joins Netflix Hailstorm set top box program
- fuboTV announces closing of Public Offering
- COVID-19 pandemic accelerates cord-cutting in 2020
- Household media spend stabilized in Sweden in Q3
- G-Core Labs introduces global streaming platform
- EMEA Smart Home market expected to rebound in 2H 2020
- Freeview Play launches on Amazon Fire TV Edition
- 3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente
- Spectrum Evolution and VSatcast virtualize NextGen TV Broadcast Internet
- Italy set for video entertainment surge in 2021