Digital TV News: Google
Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
Sep 28, 2022 – The US smart speaker market continued to contract during 2Q22, posting a decline of 14% year-over-year (YoY) according to Omdia’s latest quarterly smart speaker tracker.
News categories: Omdia, Teik Chuan Goh, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, USA, Worldwide
iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
Sep 28, 2022 – iWedia is working with Google to develop and deliver a Live TV application for Google TV and other Android TV OS devices. The Live TV app has been licensed by Shenzhen Chuangwei-RGB Electronics.
News categories: iWedia, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Android TV, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
Sep 28, 2022 – Cignal TV has transformed the user experiences of its Cignal Play streaming service, using Quickplay's cloud-native OTT platform, improving streaming quality, navigation, discovery, and control for viewers of the service.
News categories: Quickplay, Cignal TV, Goutham Vinjamuri, Prabu Chelladurai, Jane Basas, Vicky De Leon, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming
Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
Sep 26, 2022 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has announced that it has deepened its partnership with SKYmedia. Mirada has now been awarded a contract for the expansion of SKYmedia's entertainment streaming service in Mongolia.
News categories: Mirada, Skytel, José Luis Vázquez, Amarchingun Gantumur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mongolia, Streaming
Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
Sep 26, 2022 – Charter Communications has announced the availability of the Spectrum TV App on XClass TV. XClass TVs, currently sold by Walmart, are available in 50" and 43" screen sizes with 4K Ultra HD resolution.
News categories: Charter Communications, Jodi Robinson, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
Sep 16, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ), together with Turk Telekom, has deployed the largest IPTV/OTT platform in Turkey. The new platform adopts an integrated video platform architecture.
News categories: ZTE, Turk Telekom, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Turkey
StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
Sep 19, 2022 – StarHub has announced TV+ Pro, a set-top box with integrated soundbar designed to captivate audiences with an immersive TV experience delivered in Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision, with audio tuning by Bang & Olufsen.
News categories: StarHub, Dolby, Bang & Olufsen, Yann Courqueux, Ashim Mathur, Duncan McCue, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore
SEI Robotics and Amlogic launch 8K set-top box
Sep 9, 2022 – The SEI 8K Box is developed by SEI Robotics and co-launched with Amlogic. It integrates 8K, an IoT Module, Google Assistant, Dolby Atmos, DTS, EQ and HDR10+ to provide users with a cinema-level audio and video smart home experience.
News categories: Amlogic, SEI Robotics, James Xie, Jeff Yin, Digital TV, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Allen Media Group plans DTC streaming strategy with Quickplay
Sep 8, 2022 – Allen Media Group and Quickplay have announced an agreement that paves the way for Allen Media Group's direct-to-consumer (DTC) streaming products, built using Quickplay's platform running on Google Cloud.
News categories: Quickplay, Allen Media, Paul Pastor, Byron Allen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity