Digital TV News: IHS Markit
Chinese makers starting to dominate large LCD TV panel supply
Apr 30, 2019 – With Chinese panel makers accelerating the mass production of large TFT LCD TV panels faster than expected, they accounted for 33.9% of 60" and larger LCD TV panel shipments in the first quarter of 2019, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Robin Wu, China, Digital TV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Taiwan, Worldwide
Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
Apr 18, 2019 – In 2018, demand for flat panel displays grew in double digits at 10.5% YoY to 221 million square meters, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO). Demand for OLED TV panels increased by 65.6% YoY reaching 3 million square meters.
News categories: IHS Markit, Ricky Park, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
5G market set to boom - but clarity is needed, IHS Markit says
Apr 11, 2019 – The stage is set for consumers finally to find out what the powerful next-generation mobile standard promises can bring: a technological advance that transforms virtually all aspects of human activity—how we experience life, conduct business, create goods, and build societies.
News categories: IHS Markit, Francis Sideco, 5G, Market Research, Smartphone, Worldwide
Intel passes Samsung in semiconductor sales in 4Q 2018
Mar 11, 2019 – The declining market for semiconductors used in mobile handsets and enterprise servers has led to a realignment in the company market-share ranking for semiconductor manufacturers, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Ron Ellwanger, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
World Cup pushes global TV shipments to 221 Million units in 2018
Mar 7, 2019 – The global TV market grew 2.9% in 2018, reaching 221 million units, due to a surge in the first half as many consumers upgraded their TVs to watch the Football World Cup. Shipments of richly featured TV sets continued to grow, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Paul Gray, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Large Flat Panel Display supply and demand expected to tighten by Q3 2019
Mar 4, 2019 – The large flat-panel display (FPD) market, which is currently experiencing oversupply, is expected to move towards a more balanced and even tight market by the third quarter of 2019, albeit briefly, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Charles Annis, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
New services to add $3.6bn to the US D2C video market by 2023
Feb 21, 2019 – New direct-to-consumer online video subscription services have the potential to add 53 million paying subscriptions to the U.S. market by 2023, effectively growing the total number of subscribers by 25%, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Dan Cryan, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Smart speaker household access grows to 13% of internet users
Feb 20, 2019 – More than 13% of internet users surveyed across the Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States had access to a smart speaker in their households in November 2018 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Maria Rua Aguete, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, Market Research, MWC20, Smart Home, UK, USA
Large TFT LCD panel shipments grew in 2018 despite market concerns
Jan 23, 2019 – Shipments of large TFT LCD panels rose again in 2018 despite concerns about oversupply. Area shipments increased by 10.6% to 197.9 million m² compared to the previous year, driven by TV and monitor panels, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, IHS Markit, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Tablet, Worldwide
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers