Digital TV News: Matt Milne
Samba TV adds TiVo to its ACR footprint
Dec 15, 2020 – Samba TV has announced that it has partnered with TiVo (NASDAQ: XPER). The deal will enhance Samba’s ACR footprint with data from a cross-section of MVPDs across the U.S and population tiers.
News categories: Samba TV, Xperi, Ashwin Navin, Matt Milne, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Elisa to deploy Deep Discovery from TiVo
Nov 4, 2020 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced Deep Discovery, an API-based metadata solution. Elisa will use Deep Discovery in Finland to help customers of its video service, Elisa Viihde, find programming and movies.
News categories: Xperi, Elisa, Chris Ambrozic, Matt Milne, Magnus Pettersson, Big Data, Digital TV, Finland, UX
Eastlink transforms TV viewing experience with TiVo
Sep 2, 2020 – Eastlink has announced that its customers now have access to a TV viewing experience powered by TiVo. TiVo removes the frustration of constantly searching for what to watch.
News categories: Eastlink, TiVo, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
Channel Master selects TiVo DVR and discovery technology for OTA customers
Aug 19, 2020 – Channel Master has announced that it has entered into an exclusive agreement to offer TiVo DVR technology for OTA antenna users. First up for the partnership, Channel Master will launch a 500GB TiVo EDGE DVR later this summer.
News categories: Channel Master, TiVo, Mike Lynch, Matt Milne, Digital TV, DVR, Licensing, Middleware, Terrestrial, USA
DivX Plus Streaming DRM Approved for UltraViolet Services
Jan 7, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that the DivX® digital rights management (DRM) used with the company's adaptive streaming format, has been approved by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) for streaming use within the UltraViolet ecosystem.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, CES2021, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Rovi Unveils Program to Drive HEVC Rollout
Jan 7, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has unveiled its HEVC Development Program to enable companies participating in the digital video value chain to take advantage of the latest compression technology to reduce storage and bandwidth costs and deliver an optimized viewing experience.
News categories: Rovi Corp, CES2021, Content Distribution, Media Player
GlobalSat, Entropic Communications, and Rovi Team to Deliver Multimedia Packed Hybrid Set-Top Box
Sep 8, 2012 – GlobalSat has announced that it is collaborating with Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) to deliver an advanced hybrid set-top box (STB).
News categories: Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Rovi Enters DivX Plus Streaming Licensing Agreement With Hisense
Aug 31, 2012 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) and Hisense (600060.SH) have announced that they are collaborating to integrate DivX Plus Streaming™ into a new range of Hisense Smart TVs. Rovi will be demonstrating DivX Plus Streaming at IFA 2012.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Hisense, Digital TV, IFA2020, Licensing, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV
DivX® Plus Streaming to be integrated with Panasonic Uniphier SoCs
Jul 19, 2012 – Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced its DivX® Plus Streaming technology will be integrated with the 'UniPhier' series of digital television and Blu-ray Disc ICs from Panasonic (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752).
News categories: Rovi Corp, Panasonic, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand