Digital TV News: PMU
Equidia moves to cloud delivery with Globecast
Sep 6, 2022 – Globecast has announced that international horse racing channel, Equidia, has chosen its Managed Cloud Network (MCN) service, plus encoding, to increase the choice and flexibility of content available to be aired by affiliates.
News categories: Globecast, PMU, Gregoire Courtois, Laurent Alvarez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
UEI unveils low-power chip platform with energy harvesting for TV remotes
Jan 6, 2022 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) has unveiled its new family of QuickSet-certified connectivity silicon products using Extreme Low-Power, energy-harvesting and high-performance technology, at CES 2022.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Arsham Hatambeiki, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Actions Semiconductor Expands Product Offering with the Introduction of New Series 28 Products
May 4, 2011 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has announced the introduction of its Series 28 product family. With a 1080p video engine and HDMI built-in, Series 28 allows users to enjoy HD content on a portable device, or through a television.
News categories: Actions Semi, ICs, Portable, Semiconductor, Tablet
Record breaking year for Virgin Media on demand TV
Feb 1, 2010 – Virgin Media (NASDAQ, LSE: VMED) saw a record breaking 2009 with over 750 million on demand views, an increase of 50% on the previous 12 months. Over 59 per cent of Virgin Media's 3.7 million TV customers are now regularly using the service.
News categories: Virgin Media, Cable TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Broadcom Demonstrates Premier Cellular, Connectivity and Multimedia Processing Solutions at Mobile World Congress
Feb 13, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) will demonstrate its portfolio of complete system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions for mobile devices at the 2009 Mobile World Congress trade show in Barcelona, Spain, from February 16th through February 19th.
News categories: Broadcom, Mobile, MWC23, Semiconductor
DiBcom Launches a Revolutionary Solution for Mobile TV
Feb 4, 2009 – DiBcom has announced the launch of its new platform that offers device manufacturers a solution to the problem of multiple standards worldwide for fixed and mobile TV. Referred to as 'Octopus', the chip is based on a programmable architecture.
News categories: DiBcom, Digital TV, ICs, In-Car, ISDB-T, Mobile, MWC23, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Semiconductor, Tablet, Terrestrial
PLAYSTATION®Network's Video Delivery Service to Offer Movies and TV Shows for Purchase and TV Shows for Purchase and Rental Through PLAYSTATION®3 and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable)
Jul 15, 2008 – Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) has launched the company's new video delivery service on PLAYSTATION®Store for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems in the United States.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Digital TV, Gaming, Portable, Streaming, Tablet, USA
Broadcom Demonstrates Industry Leading Technologies for Next Generation Mobile Devices at 2008 Mobile World Congress
Feb 5, 2008 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) will demonstrate its innovative and leading portfolio of complete system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions for mobile devices at the 2008 Mobile World Congress trade show in Barcelona, Spain, from February 11th through February 14th.
News categories: Broadcom, 5G, Mobile, MWC23, Semiconductor
Broadcom Powers the Connected Digital Home with Industry Leading Silicon Solutions
Jan 6, 2008 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that it will demonstrate a variety of new silicon, software and reference design platforms at the 2008 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada from January 7th through January 10th.
News categories: Broadcom, 5G, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Camcorder, CES2023, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DVB-S2, DVR, Mobile, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media