Digital TV News: Rai
Vestel to produce VIDAA-based Smart TVs for Europe
Jan 9, 2023 – VIDAA has signed a partnership with Vestel to provide its turnkey operating system. The deal will expand the presence of the VIDAA platform in Europe, powering Toshiba branded TVs starting in 2023.
News categories: VIDAA, Vestel, Guy Edri, Turan Erdogan, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, TV OS
Panasonic announces MZ2000 flagship OLED TV at CES
Jan 4, 2023 – Panasonic's MZ2000 features the latest iteration of its smart TV OS, my Home Screen 8.0, supporting all major video streaming services alongside improvements to the Bass Booster, accessibility, and myScenery features.
News categories: Panasonic, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
CTA lowers revenue forecast for U.S. technology sector
Jan 3, 2023 – Research from the CTA projects U.S. technology retail revenues of $485 billion in 2023. This new data puts revenues slightly above pre-pandemic levels, following a three-year surge that peaked in 2021.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Streaming, USA
inext provides set-top solution for Alma+ in Kazakhstan
Dec 21, 2022 – inext has announced that it has has implemented an AOSP-based set-top box solution for Alma Telecommunications, owner of the Alma+ and Alma TV brands in Kazakhstan.
News categories: inext, Alma TV, Dauren Jusypov, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX
Astro Ulti Box gains four more streaming apps
Dec 21, 2022 – Astro has added the iQIYI, TVBAnywhere+, beIN SPORTS CONNECT and BBC Player apps to its Ulti Box so customers can stream more sporting events, Asian entertainment, British programs, local favourites and anime on their TV.
News categories: Astro, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box
Global TV shipments in 2022 to drop by 3.9% YoY
Dec 21, 2022 – TrendForce estimates that global TV shipments in 2H22 will reach 109 million units, a YoY decline of 2.7%. For the whole of 2022 shipments are projected to total 202 million units, down 3.9% YoY.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Rising prices putting downward pressure on AR/VR headset shipments
Dec 20, 2022 – As a result of a tough economic environment and rising prices, IDC now expects global shipments for AR and VR headsets to decline by 12.8% in 2022, dropping to 9.7 million units.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Ramon T. Llamas, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
SAPEC powers World Cup UHD broadcasting on DTT in Spain
Dec 19, 2022 – SAPEC solutions played a fundamental role in the contribution and distribution through DTT of the Qatar 2022 World Cup in Spain via the use of its Sivac-ONE media processing platform.
News categories: SAPEC, Mediapro, UHD Spain, Miguel Ángel Cristóbal, Emili Planas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Spain
AR/VR device market slows due to economic woes
Dec 16, 2022 – CCS Insight expects global unit sales in the augmented and virtual reality device segment to remain just short of 10 million in 2022, growing to 11.4 million in 2023.
News categories: CCS Insight, Marina Koytcheva, Leo Gebbie, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion