Digital TV News: SIDSA
Sisvel Announces Launch of DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 9, 2010 – Sisvel has announced the launch of a new joint patent licensing program, or patent pool, offering a license under patents essential to DVB-T2.
News categories: Sisvel, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Licensing, Patent, Terrestrial
Market Ready For Launch Of DVB-T2 Services
Sep 11, 2009 – The launch of DVB-T2 HD services is on schedule to take place later this year in the United Kingdom, with further launches expected in several other European countries including Finland and Serbia.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland, IBCShowcase, Semiconductor, Serbia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
SISVEL Announces Progress in the Formation of the DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 10, 2009 – On the occasion of IBC2009, SISVEL has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patent rights that have been evaluated as essential to the DVB-T2 standard by independent experts.
News categories: SISVEL, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBCShowcase, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
DVB-T2 trial begins in Seville
Jun 30, 2009 – Since June 1st, 2009, Spain's FURIA project has been running a pilot in the city of Seville to perform validation testing on high-definition TV transmission via DVB-T2. The trial is the first of its kind in Spain.
News categories: FURIA, Abertis Telecom, SIDSA, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Spain, Terrestrial
DVB-T2 on track for Market Deployment
Apr 17, 2009 – Following on from the official launch of DVB-T2, the second generation transmission system for digital terrestrial television, at IBC 2008, broadcasters and vendors are on schedule for the early deployment of the new standard.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, DVB-T2, NABShow, Terrestrial
SIDSA seeks further expansion in Latin America
Apr 16, 2009 – SIDSA will be looking to Latin America at NAB. The company has carried out DVB trials, both DVB-T and DVB-H, in countries such as Peru, Argentina, Ecuador, Colombia, Uruguay and Panama, with plans to lead other DVB projects in the region.
News categories: SIDSA, Argentina, Colombia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Ecuador, Latin America, Mobile, NABShow, Panama, Peru, Terrestrial, Uruguay
First DVB-T2 Plug Fest completed successfully
Mar 18, 2009 – The DVB-T2 Validation and Verification (V&V) group, coordinated by the Technical Module TM-T2 working group, has completed a very successful Plug Fest at the RAI Research Centre in Turin.
News categories: DVB Project, RAI Research Centre, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
SIDSA and Telefunken to sell DVB-H/T mobile TV enabled mobile phones
Feb 9, 2009 – SIDSA and Telefunken have reached an agreement for the commercialization of a brand new line of DVB-H/T mobile TV enabled mobile phones.
News categories: SIDSA, Telefunken, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20, Terrestrial
Technology Alliance to launch pay DTT in Spain
Jan 13, 2009 – The digital technology companies SIDSA and Secuenzia have entered into an alliance to launch pay Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT), possibly in 2009, with new, attractive and high quality content.
News categories: SIDSA, Secuenzia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Spain, Terrestrial
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results