Digital TV News: Screen Digest
Inverto to unveil Unicable II LNB & Switch
Apr 3, 2014 – INVERTO has announced the availability of Unicable II, a new Unicable multi-switch and Low Noise Block (LNB) products, with up to 24 User Bands. The products conform to CENELEC standards EN50494 and EN50607.
News categories: INVERTO, Gil Laifer, LNB, Satellite, Worldwide
Technicolor reaches 300 million CPEs milestone
Apr 2, 2014 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has shipped its 300 millionth CPE. In 2013, Technicolor shipped 32.5 million CPEs to its diversified customer base around the world.
News categories: Technicolor, Pascal Portelli, CPE, Market Research, Worldwide
Cisco reaches over 100 million digital TV homes in Asia Pacific
Oct 17, 2013 – In the digital television (TV) industry in Asia Pacific, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the leading provider of conditional access (CA) and digital rights management (DRM), securing content that is delivered to more than 100 million digital homes in the region.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sue Taylor, Asia, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Sony to show 4K Ultra HD at MIPTV
Apr 3, 2013 – As part of its 50th anniversary theme of Screening the Future, MIPTV has partnered with Sony Corporation to present what will be the next game-changing innovation in television's evolution, ultra-high-definition. MIPTV will take place in Cannes, 8-11 April 2013.
News categories: MIPTV, Sony Corp, Content Distribution, TV Services
Multimedia Home Gateway Shipments Set to Surge a Hundredfold by 2015
Mar 11, 2013 – Global shipments of multimedia home gateways are expected to rise by a factor of more than 100 from 2011 to 2015 as pay-TV operators seek to unify the delivery of different forms of video content to all types of devices in homes, according to an IHS Screen Digest report.
News categories: Screen Digest, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home
22 of 27 EU countries implement analogue TV switch-off by end-2012
Mar 11, 2013 – The Yearbook recently published by the European Audiovisual Observatory showed that the year 2012 was a significant watershed for digital terrestrial television in the European Union with a total of 22 EU member States having hit the recommended digital switchover deadline.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Digital TV, EU, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Market Research, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Terrestrial, Turkey
30 million digital cable TV subscribers in Europe
Mar 5, 2013 – At Cable Congress 2013, Cable Europe has announced data from IHS Screen Digest that shows 5.5% top-line cable revenue growth across Europe, representing nearly €1bn in new revenues for 2012. The number of Digital TV subscribers also rose 9.2% to 30.5 million, up from 28 million at the end of 2011.
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
Global 3-D Market Flourishes Across Cinema, Home Video and TV VoD Platforms
Dec 20, 2012 – The global 3-D consumer market is thriving in a dynamic environment marked by clear and discernible growth across its major platforms, including cinema, home video and pay-TV video on demand, according to an IHS Screen Digest report.
News categories: Screen Digest, Blu-ray, Market Research, Metaverse, Set Top Box, Smart TV
OTT Providers Must Address Delivery Network Access to Remain Competitive
Sep 18, 2012 – A detailed analysis by IHS (NYSE: IHS) reveals that the costs of OTT rises to uncompetitive levels when such services are scaled up to meet the demands of large numbers of the average TV-viewing public.
News categories: Screen Digest, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC