Digital TV News: TV Azteca
TV Azteca renews satellite distribiution agreement with Eutelsat
Oct 6, 2023 – TV Azteca has renewed its satellite capacity agreement with Eutelsat (Paris, London: ETL), assuring TV Azteca's continuity of video distribution in Mexico on EUTELSAT 117 West A.
News categories: Eutelsat, TV Azteca, José Ignacio González-Núñez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite
ICARO and TV Azteca announce AZTECA NOW
Aug 10, 2021 – ICARO Media Group, in partnership with TV Azteca, has officially launched the AZTECA NOW premium video app for smartphones and tablets, available across iOS and Android stores worldwide.
News categories: ICARO Media Group, TV Azteca, Paul Feller, Patricia Jasin, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Nokia trials video over 5G with TV Azteca in Mexico
Mar 23, 2021 – Nokia has completed a trial with TV Azteca in Mexico of video transmission, using 5G standalone and edge computing. The trial explored latency reduction, as well as identifying improvements in efficiency, flexibility and cost.
News categories: Nokia, TV Azteca, Marcelo Entreconti, Pedro Manuel Carmona Ortiz, 5G, Digital TV, Mexico
Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
Feb 11, 2020 – Tubi has announced record growth for 2019. In December alone, the company saw its Monthly Active Users (MAU) grow to 25 million and Total View Time (TVT) rocket to over 163 million hours watched – a year-over-year TVT increase of 160%.
News categories: Tubi, Farhad Massoudi, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, USA
Mexico leads Latin America's VOD OTT market
Sep 7, 2015 – Dataxis has forecast that Mexico will reach 5 million VOD OTT subscribers by end 2015, largely surpassing Brazil, Colombia and Argentina. Mexico has the most developed IP and TV everywhere multiscreen television platforms and the highest investment of the region.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Streaming, Subscribers
Ooyala Launches TV Everywhere Platform with Integrated Paywall Authentication
Mar 3, 2010 – Ooyala has announced the development of a new 'TV Everywhere' video platform. The platform makes it easy for content rights holders to manage and monetize 'paywall windows' for the syndication of their content to connected devices.
News categories: Ooyala, Content Distribution, Streaming
Claro Launches 3G Mobile TV Service in Dominican Republic
Oct 1, 2009 – ROK Entertainment and Claro Dominican Republic (Mexico:AMXL) have announced the launch of Ideas TV, a streamed, live and pre-recorded mobile TV subscription service, powered by ROK's over-the-air video-streaming technologies.
News categories: ROK Entertainment, Codetel, 5G, Dominican Republic, Mobile
Hi-tv Deploys Nagravision End-to-End Solution
Apr 17, 2009 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) has announced that Hi-tv, part of Grupo Salinas, a US $10 billion group of Mexico-based companies, has launched an end-to-end Nagravision MPEG-4-based digital terrestrial television (DTT) solution.
News categories: Nagravision, Hi-tv, TV Azteca, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Kudelski 2008 Results and New Client Wins
Feb 27, 2009 – The Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD.VX) has announced its 2008 annual results. Digital TV progressed well in the second half, generating a 46.1% net revenue growth compared to the first half. For the full year Digital TV achieved a 15.3% growth rate.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Mexico, Middleware, Mobile, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Taiwan, Terrestrial
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery