Digital TV News: TV Azteca
ICARO and TV Azteca announce AZTECA NOW
Aug 10, 2021 – ICARO Media Group, in partnership with TV Azteca, has officially launched the AZTECA NOW premium video app for smartphones and tablets, available across iOS and Android stores worldwide.
News categories: ICARO Media Group, TV Azteca, Paul Feller, Patricia Jasin, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Nokia trials video over 5G with TV Azteca in Mexico
Mar 23, 2021 – Nokia has completed a trial with TV Azteca in Mexico of video transmission, using 5G standalone and edge computing. The trial explored latency reduction, as well as identifying improvements in efficiency, flexibility and cost.
News categories: Nokia, TV Azteca, Marcelo Entreconti, Pedro Manuel Carmona Ortiz, 5G, Digital TV, Mexico
Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
Feb 11, 2020 – Tubi has announced record growth for 2019. In December alone, the company saw its Monthly Active Users (MAU) grow to 25 million and Total View Time (TVT) rocket to over 163 million hours watched – a year-over-year TVT increase of 160%.
News categories: Tubi, Farhad Massoudi, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, USA
Mexico leads Latin America's VOD OTT market
Sep 7, 2015 – Dataxis has forecast that Mexico will reach 5 million VOD OTT subscribers by end 2015, largely surpassing Brazil, Colombia and Argentina. Mexico has the most developed IP and TV everywhere multiscreen television platforms and the highest investment of the region.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Streaming, Subscribers
Ooyala Launches TV Everywhere Platform with Integrated Paywall Authentication
Mar 3, 2010 – Ooyala has announced the development of a new 'TV Everywhere' video platform. The platform makes it easy for content rights holders to manage and monetize 'paywall windows' for the syndication of their content to connected devices.
News categories: Ooyala, Content Distribution, Streaming
Claro Launches 3G Mobile TV Service in Dominican Republic
Oct 1, 2009 – ROK Entertainment and Claro Dominican Republic (Mexico:AMXL) have announced the launch of Ideas TV, a streamed, live and pre-recorded mobile TV subscription service, powered by ROK's over-the-air video-streaming technologies.
News categories: ROK Entertainment, Codetel, 5G, Dominican Republic, Mobile
Hi-tv Deploys Nagravision End-to-End Solution
Apr 17, 2009 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) has announced that Hi-tv, part of Grupo Salinas, a US $10 billion group of Mexico-based companies, has launched an end-to-end Nagravision MPEG-4-based digital terrestrial television (DTT) solution.
News categories: Nagravision, Hi-tv, TV Azteca, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Kudelski 2008 Results and New Client Wins
Feb 27, 2009 – The Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD.VX) has announced its 2008 annual results. Digital TV progressed well in the second half, generating a 46.1% net revenue growth compared to the first half. For the full year Digital TV achieved a 15.3% growth rate.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Mexico, Middleware, Mobile, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Taiwan, Terrestrial
Telcel to launch ROK-Powered Mobile TV Service in Mexico
Aug 26, 2008 – ROK Entertainment (OTCBB: ROKE) and Telcel (Mexico:AMXL) have announced the launch of Ideas TV, a streamed, live and on-demand mobile TV subscription service available to Telcel's 3G customers in Mexico.
News categories: ROK Entertainment, Telcel, 5G, Digital TV, Mexico, Mobile
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution