Digital TV News: Viu
Link Net deploys Open Caching with Qwilt and Cisco
Sep 12, 2023 – Link Net is working with Qwilt and Cisco to deploy a CDN solution, elevating the quality and delivery capacity of Link Net's streaming applications to homes across Indonesia.
News categories: Qwilt, Cisco, Link Net, Alon Maor, Theodore Tzevelekis, Marlo Budiman, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia
MPA releases 1H 2023 Southeast Asia online video report
Aug 2, 2023 – According to Media Partners Asia, the SE Asia region added only 7,000 net new SVOD subscriptions in 1H 2023, a marked slowdown from more than 7.0 million in 2H 2022 and 3.7 million in 1H 2022.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Malaysia SVOD household penetration to reach 41% in 2027
Jun 21, 2023 – According to GlobalData, household penetration of SVOD services in Malaysia is expected to grow from 22% in 2022 to 41% in 2027, driven by the increasing consumer preference for the platforms.
News categories: GlobalData, Kantipudi Pradeepthi, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research, Streaming
PCCW and CANAL+ partner to accelerate growth of Viu
Jun 21, 2023 – PCCW [SEHK:0008] and CANAL+ have announced a deal under which CANAL+ will become a 26.1% minority shareholder in Viu, with an option for further investment to bring its holding to 51%.
News categories: PCCW, CANAL+ Group, Viu, Susanna Hui, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, MandA, Middle-East, South Africa, Streaming
Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
May 23, 2023 – Astro has added WeTV, a streaming service from Tencent, to its Ultra Box. Astro customers can access the entertainment content by adding WeTV VIP to their Astro subscription.
News categories: Astro, WeTV, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box
Liberty Global reports Q1 2023 results
May 9, 2023 – Liberty Global has announced financial results for the first quarter of 2023. The company finished the period with 3,383,500 Video Subscribers, down 36,900 in the quarter.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
Mar 23, 2023 – Astro has added ZEE5 and Viu to its Ultra and Ulti Boxes, bringing in more global entertainment to customers' homes and devices, and expanding the number of streaming apps on the platform to ten.
News categories: Astro, ZEE5, Viu, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Viu app comes to Astro's Ultra Box
Mar 10, 2023 – Astro has expanded its streaming service, adding the Viu app to its platform. Astro customers can now access Viu on multi-screens, including on its Ultra Box.
News categories: Astro, Viu, Agnes Rozario, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Viu continues robust growth in subscriptions and digital advertising
Feb 27, 2023 – In the financial results announced by PCCW (SEHK:0008) Viu continued to show strong growth with monthly active users (MAU) up 13% YoY to 66.4 million and paid subscribers up 45% to 12.2 million.
News categories: Viu, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video