Digital TV News: Yves Padrines
Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
Jul 29, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Yes (TASE: BEZQ) is deploying Synamedia’s end-to-end video network portfolio to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency for its cloud-based, internet-only TV services in Israel.
News categories: Synamedia, 'Yes', Yves Padrines, Itzhak Elyakim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel
Etisalat launches SwitchTV OTT service with Synamedia
Jul 21, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Etisalat has launched SwitchTV, a direct-to-consumer (D2C) service based on Synamedia's Infinite cloud TV platform and its end-to-end video network portfolio.
News categories: Synamedia, Evergent, Etisalat, Yves Padrines, Vijay Sajja, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UAE
Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
Apr 8, 2020 – Synamedia has secured a contract with Vodafone Group to provide video platform, security and integration services. The deal supprts Vodafone's vision of a global cloud TV platform running on the operator's Gigabit infrastructure.
News categories: Synamedia, Vodafone, Yves Padrines, Tanja Richter, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Worldwide
E-Vision selects Synamedia for MENA multi-tenant OTT service
Jan 7, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that E-Vision has selected its Infinite platform for a multi-country, multi-tenant OTT service. The platform is already live in Egypt and will launch soon in Saudi Arabia. Additional markets will follow in due course.
News categories: Synamedia, E-Vision, Yves Padrines, Humaid Rashid Sahoo, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, OTT, Saudi Arabia, UX
Astro partners with Synamedia for new video services
Apr 24, 2019 – Synamedia has announced a partnership with and Astro Malaysia. Synamedia’s cloud-based Infinite video platform will enable Astro to secure, distribute and monetize video experiences across all screens while deepening viewer engagement.
News categories: Synamedia, Astro, Yves Padrines, Henry Tan, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite, TV Everywhere, UX
Sky invests in Synamedia
Jan 8, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that Sky has taken a stake in the business, joining majority shareholder the Permira funds. Both Sky and its parent company Comcast are long-time Synamedia customers as well as strategic development partners.
News categories: Synamedia, Sky, Yves Padrines, Andrew Griffith, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Worldwide
Synamedia makes CES debut
Jan 3, 2019 – Synamedia will bring its newest solutions to CES 2019. The company also unveiled security software that combats the rapid rise in account sharing between friends and families, turning it instead into a new revenue-generating opportunity.
News categories: Synamedia, Yves Padrines, CES2021, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Middleware, Worldwide
Synamedia sets out corporate vision, strategy and investment focus
Sep 14, 2018 – Synamedia, the new company that will be formed from the sale of Cisco’s video processing and video solutions business to private equity firm Permira funds, has revealed its vision and investment focus as an independent entity.
News categories: Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cisco's demerged SPVSS business to be called Synamedia
Sep 4, 2018 – The new company to be formed from the sale of Cisco's SPVSS business is to be called Synamedia. New and enhanced video solutions from Cisco SPVSS's portfolio that will move to Synamedia will be showcased at IBC on the Cisco stand.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Private Equity, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025