Digital TV News: Yves Padrines
Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
Jul 29, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Yes (TASE: BEZQ) is deploying Synamedia’s end-to-end video network portfolio to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency for its cloud-based, internet-only TV services in Israel.
News categories: Synamedia, 'Yes', Yves Padrines, Itzhak Elyakim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel
Etisalat launches SwitchTV OTT service with Synamedia
Jul 21, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Etisalat has launched SwitchTV, a direct-to-consumer (D2C) service based on Synamedia's Infinite cloud TV platform and its end-to-end video network portfolio.
News categories: Synamedia, Evergent, Etisalat, Yves Padrines, Vijay Sajja, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UAE
Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
Apr 8, 2020 – Synamedia has secured a contract with Vodafone Group to provide video platform, security and integration services. The deal supprts Vodafone's vision of a global cloud TV platform running on the operator's Gigabit infrastructure.
News categories: Synamedia, Vodafone, Yves Padrines, Tanja Richter, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Worldwide
E-Vision selects Synamedia for MENA multi-tenant OTT service
Jan 7, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that E-Vision has selected its Infinite platform for a multi-country, multi-tenant OTT service. The platform is already live in Egypt and will launch soon in Saudi Arabia. Additional markets will follow in due course.
News categories: Synamedia, E-Vision, Yves Padrines, Humaid Rashid Sahoo, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, Saudi Arabia, Streaming, UX
Astro partners with Synamedia for new video services
Apr 24, 2019 – Synamedia has announced a partnership with and Astro Malaysia. Synamedia’s cloud-based Infinite video platform will enable Astro to secure, distribute and monetize video experiences across all screens while deepening viewer engagement.
News categories: Synamedia, Astro, Yves Padrines, Henry Tan, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Streaming, TV Everywhere, UX
Sky invests in Synamedia
Jan 8, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that Sky has taken a stake in the business, joining majority shareholder the Permira funds. Both Sky and its parent company Comcast are long-time Synamedia customers as well as strategic development partners.
News categories: Synamedia, Sky, Yves Padrines, Andrew Griffith, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Worldwide
Synamedia makes CES debut
Jan 3, 2019 – Synamedia will bring its newest solutions to CES 2019. The company also unveiled security software that combats the rapid rise in account sharing between friends and families, turning it instead into a new revenue-generating opportunity.
News categories: Synamedia, Yves Padrines, CES2023, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Middleware, Worldwide
Synamedia sets out corporate vision, strategy and investment focus
Sep 14, 2018 – Synamedia, the new company that will be formed from the sale of Cisco’s video processing and video solutions business to private equity firm Permira funds, has revealed its vision and investment focus as an independent entity.
News categories: Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cisco's demerged SPVSS business to be called Synamedia
Sep 4, 2018 – The new company to be formed from the sale of Cisco's SPVSS business is to be called Synamedia. New and enhanced video solutions from Cisco SPVSS's portfolio that will move to Synamedia will be showcased at IBC on the Cisco stand.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Private Equity, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus