Digital TV News: Amazon Prime Video
Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
May 10, 2022 – Samba TV has announced the release of its State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022, showing a complex viewership landscape marked by a saturated linear TV ad market, increased cord-shaving, and a high likelihood for streaming subscriber churn.
News categories: Samba TV, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Amazon Prime Video penetration at 45% in the U.S.
Apr 7, 2022 – Research from Parks Associates reveals that as of Q3 2021, Amazon Prime Video’s subscriber penetration rate is at 45% of U.S. internet households. In the first quarter of 2021, 77.3 million U.S. households were members of Amazon Prime.
News categories: Parks Associates, Eric Sorensen, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
32 million U.S. households are OTT video 'service hoppers'
Mar 31, 2022 – Parks Associates reseaarch has found that 36% of OTT subscribers, roughly 32 million U.S. households, are 'service hoppers', OTT subscribers who switched between services and resubscribed multiple times in the previous twelve months.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Starhub adds Curiosity Stream to StarHub TV+
Mar 22, 2022 – StarHub has announced that it is the first entertainment service provider in Southeast Asia to offer its customers access to Curiosity’s streaming service, Curiosity Stream. Curiosity Stream app is the tenth OTT service on StarHub TV+.
News categories: Starhub, Curiosity Stream, Andrew Tan, Bakori Davis, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore, Streaming
Orange Belgium launches new generation of Android TV decoders
Mar 14, 2022 – Orange Belgium has launched a new generation of Android TV decoders, introducing new features such as the integration of native apps from content providers, Chromecast capabilities and a new cloud-based multi-screen TV recording service.
News categories: Orange Belgium, Christophe Dujardin, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Latin American OTT revenues to double between 2021 and 2027
Mar 7, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, OTT TV episode and movie revenues in Latin American will double to $14 billion in 2027. From the $7 billion additional OTT revenues between 2021 and 2027, SVOD will provide $4.5 billion and AVOD $2.0 billion.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming
TV content and short-form video both important for Gen Z
Mar 2, 2022 – According to a Horowitz Research study, eight in ten (78%) 13- to 24-year-olds stream TV content weekly, while 79% stream short-form content. Gen Z split their viewing time rather evenly between long-form and short-form content.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
7.5 million Australians now watching BVOD
Feb 22, 2022 – Data from Roy Morgan shows 7.5 million Australians now watch Broadcast Video on Demand (BVOD) services. Viewership grew strongly during the early stages of the pandemic in 2020. This level of growth was always going to be hard to maintain.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q4 2021
Feb 17, 2022 – BARB has released data from its Establishment Survey for Q4 2021. In Q4 2021, the number of UK households with access to an SVOD service rose above 19 million for the first time to reach 19.1 million homes (66.9% of households).
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report