Digital TV News: Google
Sharp launches world's first OLED 4K UHD Roku TV models
Nov 15, 2023 – Sharp has announced availability of a lineup of Sharp Roku TV OLED 4K UHD with HDR10 and LCD 4K UHD TVs as part of its return to the U.S. television market.
News categories: Sharp, Roku, Jim Sanduski, Peter Weedfald, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
OSN+ integrates Google Cloud Vertex AI Search for Media Recommendations
Nov 13, 2023 – OSN+ has integrated Google Cloud's Vertex AI Search for Media Recommendations enabling its subscribers to interact with their own virtual assistant to provide personalized recommendations.
News categories: OSN+, Google Cloud, Joe Kawkabani, Tarek Khalil, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, UX
Pixalate releases Q3 2023 CTV SSP market share reports
Nov 6, 2023 – Pixalate has released its Q3 2023 CTV Supply Side Platform (SSP) Market Share Reports for Apple TV, Roku, Samsung TV, and Amazon Fire TV.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Streaming
evision launches 'STARZ ON' AVOD/FAST streaming service
Nov 7, 2023 – evision has unveiled its free OTT streaming platform, STARZ ON, providing access to AVOD/FAST content on Android and iOS devices for users in the MENA region and West Africa.
News categories: evision, e&, Olivier Bramly, Khalifa Al Shamsi, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
Skyworth Digital to show RDK TV for operators at CES 2024
Oct 18, 2023 – After its launch at IBC 2023, Skyworth Digital is to show its Operator Tier RDK TV at CES 2024. The TV comes with a Lightning Launcher, Amazon Alexa and the AndApps app store from Consult Red.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Consult Red, CES2024, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
Prime Video maintains top position in U.S. subscription video
Oct 31, 2023 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 US subscription streaming video services, based on estimated numbers of subscribers through September 2023.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Porsche expands infotainment partnership with Google
Oct 30, 2023 – Porsche will offer Google services in future vehicle generations. The integration will include Google Maps, Google Assistant and a range of apps available through the Google Play Store.
News categories: Porsche, Google, Oliver Blume, Hiroshi Lockheimer, Apps, In-Car, Worldwide
DNA launches Android TV box with Dolby Atmos
Oct 30, 2023 – On the 6th of November, DNA will launch its DNA Entertainment Box, a video soundbox featuring Dolby Atmos immersive sound. The Android TV device also supports Dolby Vision HDR.
News categories: DNA, Dolby, Sagemcom, Mikko Saarentaus, Anaïs Libolt, Olivier Taravel, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box
Breezeline completes Stream TV roll-out
Oct 19, 2023 – Breezeline has launched Breezeline Stream TV in its South Carolina service areas. With the latest deployment, the cloud-based TV service has been launched across the company's entire U.S. footprint.
News categories: Breezeline, Shaun Blake, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024