Digital TV News: Google
SEI Robotics selects iWedia Live TV App for retail hybrid devices
Nov 9, 2022 – SEI Robotics and iWedia have announced that they have worked together to integrate iWedia's Live TV application on SEI's retail hybrid devices, improving the customer experience for the satellite market.
News categories: SEI Robotics, iWedia, Jeff Yin, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Android TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Sky's NOW streaming service comes to Android TV
Nov 8, 2022 – Sky has announced that its streaming service NOW has been made available on Google TV devices, including Chromecast with Google TV, and on eight UK smart TV brands as it expands to Android TV OS devices.
News categories: NOW, Marina Storti, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, UK
ZTE integrates iWedia's Live TV app for Android TV
Nov 10, 2022 – ZTE and iWedia are collaborating to launch iWedia's Live TV application on ZTE's retail hybrid devices. As the most used application on Android TV devices, Live TV app represents the basis for delivering a premium user experience.
News categories: iWedia, ZTE, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Wuxin, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SEI and Amlogic develop Android TV set-top-box for FTP in Vietnam
Nov 9, 2022 – SEI Robotics and Amlogic have cooperated to roll out the 4K Android TV IPTV/OTT set-top-box for FPT. The box runs on an Amlogic S905Y4 chipset and supports on-demand and linear broadcasting for the Vietnam market.
News categories: SEI Robotics, Amlogic, FPT, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Vietnam
SDMC and iWedia collaborate on 4K Android TV hybrid STB
Nov 9, 2022 – SDMC and iWedia have announced that they have collaborated on the development of a 4K Android TV hybrid set-top box from SDMC that integrates Google's Common Broadcast Stack with a Live TV app developed by iWedia.
News categories: iWedia, SDMC, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Ryan Yan, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
SDMC, NAGRA and Amlogic launch ultra-secure Android TV solution
Nov 9, 2022 – SDMC, together with NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Amlogic, has announced that they have jointly launched an ultra-secure Android TV Solution leveraging NAGRA content protection technology for pay-TV operators.
News categories: SDMC, NAGRA, Amlogic, Ryan Yan, Sebastian Kramer, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Skyworth's Strong-branded SRT420 STB integrates Live TV app from iWedia
Nov 8, 2022 – iWedia and Skyworth, under its brand name of Strong, have announced a partnership to facilitate the delivery of iWedia's Live TV application for retail hybrid Android devices.
News categories: iWedia, Skyworth, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Charlie Zheng, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Dish TV and SEI present smart solutions at Android TV APAC Summit
Jan 8, 2022 – Dish TV has moved to Android TV for its STBs and plans to expand its IoT business based on the platform. With this in mind, SEI Robotics provided a solution combining Android TV, the Google Cloud Platform and ecosystem partner technology.
News categories: SEI Robotics, Dish TV India, Jeff Yin, Sunil Kumar, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
OSNtv box brings TV and apps together in one place
Nov 7, 2022 – OSN has announced the launch of OSNtv box, an all-in-one product that brings together OSN exclusive and curated live TV channels, streaming, and free-to-air entertainment via a single Android device.
News categories: OSN, Joe Kawkabani, Android TV, Digital TV, Middle-East, Set Top Box
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues