Digital TV News: Google
t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
Oct 13, 2021 – t4h. (Tech4home) has launched its PALI Android TV remote control (RCU) at SKY Brasil. The PALI remote control will be one of the first Android TV RCUs to enter Brazil's pay TV market.
News categories: Tech4home, SKY Brasil, Graça Candido, Andre Ribeiro, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
Oct 12, 2021 – ATEME has joined the Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program to accelerate the deployment of its cloud tools and technology. As part of the program, ATEME is bringing its video solutions to Google Cloud.
News categories: ATEME, Google Cloud, Rémi Beaudouin, Content Distribution, Worldwide
discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
Oct 12, 2021 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced that discovery+ will launch in Canada on October 19. The service is available at Can$4.99 (~USD$4) per month, with an ad-free version for Can$6.99 monthly.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Corus Entertainment, JB Perrette, Doug Murphy, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
Oct 12, 2021 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced that it is the first measurement provider to deliver deduplicated audience measurement across YouTube’s largest platforms and including co-viewers of Connected TV screens.
News categories: Comscore, YouTube TV, Bill Livek, Elizabeth Daly, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
RodeoTV strengthens security offering with BuyDRM's KeyOS
Oct 6, 2021 – RodeoTV is now offering studio-grade security for video content with BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Multi-DRM Service. RodeoTV provides solutions for clients looking to deliver Live Linear Video, VOD and Digital Signage.
News categories: BuyDRM, RodeoTV, Christopher Levy, Kelly Pittman, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, USA
Orange Slovensko Android TV STB runs on the nangu.TV platform
Oct 4, 2021 – nangu.TV has unveiled that the Android TV Operator Tier set-top box deployed by Orange Slovensko runs on the nangu.TV platform. The 4K UHD box was developed with CommScope and Viaccess Orca.
News categories: nangu.TV, Orange Slovensko, CommScope, Zdeněk Gerlický, Júlia Piovarči, Phil Cardy, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovakia, UX
Roku launches player line-up for Germany
Sep 27, 2021 – Roku has introduced its streaming player line-up for Germany, including the Roku Express, Roku Express 4K, Roku Streaming Stick 4K and Roku Streambar. Roku players are powered by the Roku OS.
News categories: Roku, Bart Bomers, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, Streaming
Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
Sep 21, 2021 – According to Dataxis, at Q2 2021, Android TV could be found on around 26% of the global advanced STB installed base. Although striking, the share of Google’s platform actually decreased from 40% in 2015.
News categories: Dataxis, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
Sep 20, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has unveiled its Roku Streaming Stick 4K, offering powerful 4K streaming in a portable form factor, and the Roku Streaming Stick 4K+ which features the Roku Voice Remote Pro.
News categories: Roku, Mark Ely, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform