Digital TV News: Google
BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
May 24, 2023 – beIN MEDIA and Google Cloud are to explore the use of Google Cloud data analytics and machine learning to deliver more personalized and relevant experiences across beIN's services.
News categories: BeIN Media, Google Cloud, Israel Esteban, Anthony Cirot, Ghassan Kosta, Big Data, Digital TV, Qatar, UX
CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
May 24, 2023 – CHiQ has announced the launch of its latest Google TV series in Europe. The series comes with Google system technology, intelligent AI applications, and a frameless metal style.
News categories: CHiQ, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, TV OS
HBO Max becomes Max
May 22, 2023 – HBO Max has become Max. The launch introduces a new Ultimate Ad-Free tier that will offer four concurrent streams, up to 100 offline downloads and nearly 8x more films and episodes of 4K HDR content than HBO Max.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Sudheer Sirivara, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.
May 23, 2023 – Comcast has unveiled NOW TV, a streaming service that includes 40+ live channels from A&E, AMC, Hallmark and Warner Bros. Discovery, plus 20+ FAST channels from NBC, Sky and Xumo Play, and a subscription to Peacock Premium.
News categories: Comcast, Dave Watson, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Tata Elxsi powers entertainment experience for OSNtv subscribers
May 18, 2023 – Tata Elxsi and OSN have collaborated to develop OSNtv Box, an Android device delivering Pay TV and OTT services in one place. The box is powered by Tata Elxsi's AndroidTV solution suite.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, OSN, Tarun Joshi, Devrim Malak, Digital TV, Middle-East, Middleware, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Skytel extends partnership with Mirada and EZDRM for its GO+ service
May 17, 2023 – After the successful implementation by Mirada and EZDRM of its OTT GO+ app in Mongolia, Skytel is working with the two companies to extend the GO+ service to more connected devices.
News categories: EZDRM, Mirada, Skytel, Olga Kornienko, José-Luis Vázquez, Apps, Digital TV, Mongolia, Streaming
iSpot measures YouTube and YouTube TV against broader TV marketplace
May 16, 2023 – iSpot has completed a critical phase of its integration with Google for determining the incremental reach of ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV when compared to traditional linear and connected TV.
News categories: iSpot, Sean Muller, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WOW! to replace its TV offer with YouTube TV
May 15, 2023 – WOW! (NYSE: WOW) has signed an agreement with Google to offer YouTube TV as its dedicated live TV offering. The process of migrating its video customers to YouTube TV will begin this summer.
News categories: WOW!, YouTube TV, Teresa Elder, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Telly launches free dual screen Smart TV in the U.S.
May 15, 2023 – Telly has developed a TV combining a 55" 4K HDR display with a separate built-in Smart Screen. Telly has opened ordering for 500,000 free units that will begin shipping to U.S. consumers this summer.
News categories: Telly, Ilya Pozin, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media