Digital TV News: Google
SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
Apr 14, 2021 – SITI Networks has selected NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) cardless content security for its forthcoming Android TV STB launch. Th deployment represents NAGRA's first Android TV project in India based on Google MediaCAS.
News categories: NAGRA, SITI Networks, Stephane Le Dreau, Suresh Sethiya, Android TV, Apps, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
Apr 13, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has unveiled the Roku Express 4K+, which offers 4K streaming, and the Roku Voice Remote Pro, which features a rechargeable battery, lost remote finder and hands-free voice controls.
News categories: Roku, Mark Ely, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
Apr 8, 2021 – Toyota Motor North America and AT&T have announced that when connected to AT&T in-car Wi-Fi, the WarnerMedia RIDE App, featuring a selection of live and on-demand content, is now available for Toyota and Lexus owners.
News categories: Toyota, AT&T, Steve Basra, Joe Mosele, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, OTT, USA
Tangerine Global and MediaKind launch TV-as-a-Service offering
Mar 31, 2021 – Tangerine Global and MediaKind have announced the availability of CITRUS MediaFirst TVaaS (TV-as-a-Service). Vubiquity will provide the content of over 300 channels integrated into CITRUS MediaFirst.
News categories: MediaKind, Tangerine Global, Amdocs, Steve Payne, Greg Pasetta, Raman Abrol, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Worldwide
Samsung TV Plus launches in India
Mar 31, 2021 – Samsung has launch Samsung TV Plus in India, a service which offers consumers with Samsung Smart TVs free TV content, including ad-supported live channels and on-demand videos, with no additional device such as a set top box.
News categories: Samsung, Reshma Prasad Virmani, Digital TV, India, OTT, Smart TV
T-Mobile TVision Live, Live+ and Live Zone services winding down on April 29
Mar 29, 2021 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has instead announced plans to expand its collaboration with Google across a wide array of customer experiences later this year, including embracing YouTube TV as T-Mobile’s premium TV solution.
News categories: T-Mobile, Google, Mike Sievert, Hiroshi Lockheimer, Android TV, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Alchimie rolls out TVPlayer US with 30+ channels
Mar 29, 2021 – Alchimie (Paris:ALCHI) has launched its American TVPlayer service, an on-demand service offering US viewers over 30 linear and on demand channels. TV Player US complements Alchimie's European TVPlayer platforms.
News categories: Alchimie, Nicolas d’Hueppe, Digital TV, OTT, USA
30% of UK households now use Samsung's Tizen Smart TV platform
Mar 23, 2021 – Nearly a third of UK households now connect at least one TV to the internet using Samsung’s Tizen smart TV platform, according to Strategy Analytics. Samsung holds a clear lead over platforms operated by Amazon, Sony and LG.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Mercer, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Amino makes Android TV Operator Tier progress in North America
Mar 18, 2021 – Amino has announced that AW Broadband, Conway, Hay Communications and Home Telecom are among the 14 operators that have begun using Amino to launch services on the Android TV Operator Tier (ATOT) since January 2020.
News categories: Amino, Hay Communications, Conway, Home Telecom, AW Broadband, Donald McGarva, Kevin Gingerich, Jason Hansen, Caoimhe Zett, Matthew Carpenter, Android TV, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020