Digital TV News: Google
SKYWORTH to roll out Google TV lineup in North America
Jan 5, 2022 – At CES 2022, SKYWORTH is showcasing the SKYWORTH W82, a transformable OLED TV and the SKYWORTH S82, a 4K OLED TV. SKYWORTH also announced that it roll out a lineup of Google TV models for the US and Canada in summer 2022.
News categories: SKYWORTH, John Homlish, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Hisense unveils premium product lineup at CES 2022
Jan 4, 2022 – This year, Hisense is delivering bigger screens, upgraded technologies like ULED and Mini LED, content platforms and features such as Google TV and ATSC 3.0, and upgrades to smart home, audio and gaming features.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, Android TV, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
TCL unveils cinematic advances and TV innovation at CES 2022
Jan 4, 2022 – TCL has announced products and innovations at CES 2022 with new big screen models as well as future technologies such as the first dynamic video motion ecosystem, more mini-LED powered TVs and high-performance gaming features.
News categories: TCL, Chris Larson, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Foxxum CTV OS launches with El Araby Group on Mediatek SoCs
Jan 4, 2022 – Foxxum has announced El Araby is the first client for its Foxxum CTV OS on MediaTek chipsets. Foxxum CTV OS will be available on El Araby’s smart TV devices as an additional option to their pre-existing TV line-up.
News categories: Foxxum, El Araby, Mehmet Eroglu, Dirk Wittenborg, Mohamed Negmeldin, Digital TV, Egypt, Middleware, Smart TV
LG unveils its latest TV lineup
Jan 4, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) has unveiled its latest TV lineup, headlined by the company's 2022 OLED televisions. The TVs feature powerful imaging technologies, and an improved webOS offering more smart features and services.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
TrillerVerz to become publicly traded through reverse merger with SeaChange
Dec 22, 2021 – SeaChange (NASD:SEAC) and Triller Hold Co (TrillerVerz) have entered into an agreement and plan of merger to combine SeaChange, a publicly-traded company focused on advanced digital advertising with TrillerVerz, an AI-powered social media platform.
News categories: SeaChange, Triller, Peter Aquino, Mahi de Silva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Another record quarter for Smart Speakers in 3Q21
Dec 20, 2021 – The effects of the global component shortage have worked their way into the smart speaker supply chain, impacting Chinese vendors more acutely than others, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Jack Narcotta, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home
Astro selects Kaltura to power its standalone streaming service offering
Dec 21, 2021 – Kaltura (NASDAQ:KLTR) has announced that Astro has chosen the Kaltura TV Platform to power sooka, its new streaming service targeted at millennials. sooka went live in June across Malaysia and is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: Kaltura, Astro, AWS, Nuno Sanches, Euan Smith, Sameer Vuyyuru, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming
AXIAN and Zattoo bring IPTV & OTT entertainment to Madagascar
Dec 10, 2021 – Zattoo has announced that Telma, an AXIAN Group subsidiary, is using Zattoo's end-to-end, fully hosted and managed TV-as-a-Service to offer state of the art set-top box and app based IPTV and OTT services in Madagascar.
News categories: Zattoo, Telma, Niklas Brambring, Bertrand Lacroix, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Madagascar, Set Top Box, Streaming
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
- Disruptel partners with TCL to develop AI-driven viewing experiences
- Canal+ delivers low-latency streaming on Apple TV with ATEME
- Atlanta DTH announces compact USB ATSC 3.0 TV receiver
- HBO Nordic adds 635,000 subscribers following Max launch
- Broadpeak multicast ABR optimizes live sports OTT delivery for TIM