Digital TV News: Prime Video
Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
Sep 28, 2022 – According to GlobalData, SVOD revenue in Japan is expected to increase at a CAGR of 10.1% from $4.5 billion in 2022 to $7.3 billion in 2027, driven by the strong growth in subscriptions and households, and a steady rise in ARPU.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
Sep 22, 2022 – MultiChoice is launching its streaming box, DStv Streama, on October 1st. The box delivers content from DStv, and other streaming services, such as Showmax, Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video and YouTube, via an internet connection.
News categories: Multichoice, Nyiko Shiburi, Digital TV, Set Top Box, South Africa, Streaming
Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
Sep 21, 2022 – Air Broadband has added a Netgem TV add-on option to all of its fibre broadband services. Netgem Tv includes over 200 channels, including 100 extra HD channels on top of Freeview, and 60,000+ hours of on demand content.
News categories: Netgem, Air Broadband, Aziz Laouir, Andrew Glover, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
Sep 19, 2022 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has announced the launch of HomeVista solutions, a portfolio that leverages the technologies of Android TV and RDK to simplify and accelerate the introduction of video services.
News categories: CommScope, Joe Chow, Android TV, CableTecExpo, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
Sep 15, 2022 – Nielsen's (NYSE: NLSN) monthly TV and streaming snapshot has revealed that streaming represented 35% of TV consumption in the U.S. in August. Broadcast and cable gained in August, with shares at 22.1% and 34.5%, respectively.
News categories: Nielsen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
Sep 16, 2022 – Vestel has announced the launch of its 97XX series of 4K UHD set-top boxes. The series was created to deliver a home entertainment experience from within an ultra-compact, minimalist design.
News categories: Vestel, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box
Asia Pacific to add 205 million SVOD subscribers by 2027
Sep 15, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Asia Pacific will have 746 million SVOD subscriptions by 2027, up from 541 million in 2021. China will have 364 million SVOD subscriptions by then – 49% of the region’s total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Western Europe to add 73 million SVOD subscribers by 2027
Sep 12, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Western Europe will have 238 million SVOD subscriptions by 2027, up from 165 million at end-2021. Six US-based platforms will account for 81% of all the SVOD subscriptions by 2027.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
Kaltura survey reveals gap in what streaming services and consumers consider essential
Sep 8, 2022 – Kaltura (Nasdaq: KLTR) has released results of a global survey of 200 streaming service provider executives. The report delves into how streaming providers are adapting to fast-changing technology and consumer expectations.
News categories: Kaltura, Nuno Sanches, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity