Digital TV News: Prime Video
Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
Nov 18, 2021 – Movistar+ and Amazon have consolidated their partnership to include Prime Video in the user experience of the Movistar+ platform. The new proposition is being rolled out in Spain in a progressive deployment to be completed on November 24th.
News categories: Movistar, Prime Video, Cristina Burzako, Barry Furlong, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain
Japan SVOD revenue to grow to $6.3bn in 2025
Nov 16, 2021 – VOD service revenue in Japan is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17.7% from $2.8bn in 2020 to $6.3bn in 2025, driven by increasing SVOD subscriptions and steady rise in average monthly revenue per SVOD household, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
Disney+ subscribers to exceed Netflix in 2027
Nov 17, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, five major US-based platforms will control 53% of the world’s 1.7 billion SVOD subscriptions by 2026. That equates to a collective 910 million subscriptions by 2026; up from 585 million in 2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Telecom Argentina adds 16,000 cable TV subscribers in 3Q 2021
Nov 10, 2021 – Telecom Argentina has announced results for the third quarter of fiscal year 2021. The company ended the period with 3.6 million Cable TV subscribers, up 16,000 versus the second quarter of 2021 and down 7,000 year-on-year.
News categories: Telecom Argentina, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers
StarHub TV+ integrates Amazon Prime Video streaming app
Nov 1, 2021 – StarHub has announced the launch of Amazon’s streaming service Amazon Prime Video on StarHub TV+. Amazon Prime Video is the ninth OTT service to be fully integrated within StarHub TV+.
News categories: StarHub, Prime Video, Johan Buse, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore
Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
Oct 21, 2021 – The Foxtel Group has announced agreements with ViacomCBS to provide movies, TV series and channels, along with integration of the Paramount+ and 10 Play apps onto Foxtel STBs in 2022 for Australia.
News categories: Foxtel, ViacomCBS, Patrick Delany, Amanda Laing, Dan Cohen, Jarrod Villani, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
Oct 20, 2021 – Research from TDG finds that the number of U.S. households subscribing to a broadband service but not a pay-TV service will grow from 38 million in 2020 to 54 million in 2025, up 42% in the five-year period.
News categories: TDG, Paul Hockenbury, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
Oct 20, 2021 – 3SS has announced that Altibox has launched its next-generation TV entertainment service in Norway and Denmark. Altibox selected Technicolor STBs and the 3SS 3READY Product Framework to enable the offering.
News categories: 3SS, Technicolor, Altibox, Kai-Christian Borchers, Mercedes Pastor, Tor Morten Osmundsen, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Set Top Box, UX
Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
Oct 19, 2021 – Comcast has launched XClass TV, extending the reach of its technology to smart TVs. Comcast's entertainment platform is now available without an Xfinity subscription, both inside and outside of Comcast service areas.
News categories: Comcast, Hisense, Sam Schwartz, David Gold, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia