Digital TV News: Prime Video
Amazon-built TVs launched in the U.S.
Sep 9, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced a new lineup of Fire TV devices with its first-ever Amazon-built smart TVs, the Amazon Fire TV Omni Series and 4-Series smart TVs, and the all-new Fire TV Stick 4K Max.
News categories: Amazon, Daniel Rausch, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
fuboTV available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Sep 9, 2021 – fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) is now available on the VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) SmartCast platform. With fuboTV, SmartCast users can enjoy more than 100 channels streaming live sporting events plus news and entertainment content.
News categories: VIZIO, fuboTV, Katherine Pond, Len Landi, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Nearly 700 million SVOD subscribers for Asia Pacific in 2026
Sep 9, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, the Asia Pacific region will have 698 million SVOD subscriptions by 2026, up from 502 million at end-2021. China will be providing 354 million of the subscriptions in 2026.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Foxtel launches iQ5 streaming set top box
Sep 7, 2021 – Foxtel has announced the launch of its iQ5 streaming set top box. The iQ5 features a plug and play set-up allowing customers stream Foxtel content within minutes, with no cable or satellite installation required.
News categories: Foxtel, Patrick Delany, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Latin America SVOD subscriptions to exceed 130 million by 2026
Sep 6, 2021 – Digital TV Research expects that, despite several poor economies, Latin America will have 131 million SVOD subscriptions by 2026; up from 76 million at end-2021. Brazil will remain the market leader.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming, Subscribers
U.S. SVOD subscriptions to grow to 450 million in 2026
Sep 2, 2021 – Digital TV Research expects SVOD subscriptions in the US to climb by 33% from 338 million at end-2021 to 450 million in 2026, with about 87% of TV households subscribing to at least one SVOD platform by then.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
66% of UK households have an SVOD subscription
Aug 26, 2021 – BARB has released data from its Establishment Survey for Q2 2021. The survey reveals that the number of UK households with a subscription to any SVOD service is now 18.8 million homes, up from 17.4 million in Q3 2020.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Amazon Prime Video now available on DNA Hubi devices
Aug 20, 2021 – DNA has expanded its DNA TV Hubi service with the addition of Amazon Prime Video. In addition to other popular streaming services, the Amazon Prime Video app is now available on DNA Hubi devices.
News categories: DNA, Prime Video, Jarno Haikonen, Android TV, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box
Elisa launches Android TV service with NAGRA, Technicolor, Tech4home and 3SS
Aug 17, 2021 – NAGRA, Technicolor, t4h and 3SS have announced that Elisa has gone live with its Elisa Elamus service. The multiscreen offering, based on Android TV Operator Tier, is available via DVB-C, DVB-T, IPTV and on OTT platforms.
News categories: 3SS, NAGRA, Technicolor, t4h, Elisa, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thierry Legrand, Mounir Toutah, Graça Candido, Andrus Hiiepuu, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Estonia, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community