Digital TV News: ROKU
HUMAN discovers and disrupts CTV ad fraud botnet
Apr 21, 2021 – HUMAN has discovered a CTV ad fraud botnet consisting of nearly a million infected mobile Android devices pretending to be millions of people watching ads on smart TVs and other devices.
News categories: HUMAN, Tamer Hassan, Michael McNally, Per Bjorke, Willard Simmons, Advertising, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
Apr 20, 2021 – Bitmovin has raised $25 million in Series C financing. The company will use the investment to drive the continued expansion of its product innovation and technology leadership in the streaming space.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Fergal Mullen, Stefan Kuentz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Bitcentral enables Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cowles Broadcasting on NewsON
Apr 19, 2021 – Bitcentral has announced support for ad trigger insertion in its FUEL online video platform. The solution is being used by Cowles Broadcasting to enable Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) for its launch on the NewsON service.
News categories: Bitcentral, Cowles Broadcasting, NewsON, Greg Morrow, Neal Boling, Ron Stitt, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
Apr 14, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced the launch of the Crackle app on Comcast's Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex. For access, Xfinity customers can simply say 'Crackle' into the Xfinity Voice Remote.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, Comcast, Philippe Guelton, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
Apr 13, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) is rolling out Roku OS 10. The OS introduces a variety of features getting users to content faster, improving configurations, offering new ways to customize the experience, and performance enhancements.
News categories: Roku, Ilya Asnis, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
Apr 13, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has unveiled the Roku Express 4K+, which offers 4K streaming, and the Roku Voice Remote Pro, which features a rechargeable battery, lost remote finder and hands-free voice controls.
News categories: Roku, Mark Ely, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
Apr 13, 2021 – 3SS has announced that FreeCast has selected the 3READY Product Framework for the UX of its aggregated OTT multiscreen service, SelectTV. The deployment further expands 3SS’ growing footprint in the Americas.
News categories: 3SS, FreeCast, Kai-Christian Borchers, William Mobley, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA, UX
$18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
Apr 7, 2021 – IRIS.TV has completed an $18 million Series B funding round. The investment will enable IRIS.TV to accelerate the growth of its video data platform, and API tools that enable video-level data targeting for CTV and online video.
News categories: IRIS.TV, Intel Capital, Field Garthwaite, Richie Hyden, Marcelino Ford-Livene, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
Apr 7, 2021 – Finecast has extended its UK inventory beyond traditional broadcasters with the onboarding of four new supply partners, Roku, Rakuten, Pluto and YuppTV, enabling advertisers to further extend their reach to consumers.
News categories: Finecast, Harry Harcus, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, UK
- Pay TV revenue in India to grow at a lethargic 0.9% CAGR
- ENENSYS powers service quality monitoring at Evoca
- Friend MTS and Akamai offer server-side A/B variant watermarking
- Comscore expands DISH Media agreement to include Sling TV
- AT&T premium TV down 620k; Vrio down 383k; HBO up 3.3M video subs in 1Q 2021
- Connected TVs and VOD embedded in UK viewing habits
- HUMAN discovers and disrupts CTV ad fraud botnet
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 82,000 in 1Q 2021
- Accedo launches out-of-the-box sports video solution
- Proximus selects Velocix CDN to scale Pickx
- Bold MSS launches Android TV app for cable TV operators
- Apple unveils next generation Apple TV 4K
- JW Player first with support for Open Measurement video ads
- Magnite finds 91% of TV viewers in LatAm watch streaming TV weekly
- Broadpeak CDN selection tool available in AWS Marketplace
- Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
- XroadMedia powers search and recommendations at Delta Fiber Nederland
- MTS launches KION video streaming platform
- Rakuten TV to roll out 20 channels on Samsung TV Plus
- 75% of TVs sold in Germany in Q1 were UHD capable