Digital TV News: RTVE
Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
Jan 12, 2021 – Intertrust has announced that Cellnex Telecom will use its ExpressPlay DRM cloud service to protect Cellnex' LOVEStv, an HbbTV platform combining over-the-air TV with OTT streaming for broadcasters in Spain.
News categories: Intertrust, Cellnex, Ali Hodjat, Xavi Redón, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, Spain, Terrestrial
Telefónica moves RTVE video and radio content to HOTBIRD at 13°E
Dec 11, 2019 – Telefónica has selected the Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) orbital position of 13°E to broadcast RTVE FTA content consisting of two HD channels: TVE Internacional Europa and 24 Horas, as well as six RNE radio stations. 13°E covers Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Telefónica, RTVE, Philippe Oliva, Francisco Panduro, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Spain
ZTE and Orange show 5G in automotive, robotics and entertainment applications
Jun 18, 2019 – Orange and ZTE are demoing a number of applications at the Global 5G Event and the European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC) in Valencia. Orange will also conduct demonstrations in Seville, Málaga, Vigo, Santiago de Compostela, Barcelona and Madrid.
News categories: Orange, ZTE, 5G, Spain, VR
HISPASAT in first live broadcast with 4K HDR technology in Spain
Jun 30, 2017 – HISPASAT will be participating in the first live television broadcast in Spain using 4K HDR technology. The satellite operator will collaborate with RTVE in offering the broadcast of the Solemn Changing of the Royal Guard from the Royal Palace in Madrid on 5 July at 12:00pm.
News categories: HISPASAT, RTVE, Digital TV, Satellite, Spain
ATEME drives first live 4K UHD opera broadcast in Spain
May 10, 2016 – ATEME has announced that RTVE, Spain’s public service broadcaster, broadcast the 'Parsifal' opera by Wagner from Teatro Real on April 21, live in Ultra High Definition (UHD).
News categories: ATEME, RTVE, HISPASAT, Vincent PEDREGNO, Pere VILA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Spain, Terrestrial
RTVE and partners to show 4K HDR over DVB-T2 in Seville
Nov 4, 2015 – At the 4K Summit in Seville, RTVE, in collaboration with Cellnex Telecom, Hispasat, Dolby Laboratories and SAPEC, will present two worldwide premieres that will showcase Ultra HD and also its distribution through the different platforms used by citizens.
News categories: RTVE, Cellnex, Hispasat, Dolby, SAPEC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Spain, Terrestrial
HISPASAT begins 4K broadcasting with HDR on Hispasat 1E
Sep 8, 2015 – Spanish satellite communications operator HISPASAT has begun 4K TV transmissions in Europe using the High Dynamic Range (HDR) format. Broadcasting on Hispasat 1E, it is the first satellite service in the world using Dolby Vision HDR.
News categories: HISPASAT, Dolby, Digital TV, Europe, IBC, Satellite
RTVE DVB-T2 4K pilot uses Egatel transmitter
Jun 25, 2014 – Egatel has announced that its TE9101 transmitter is part of a pilot project set-up by RTVE to transmit and receive Ultra High Definition (4K) signals over DTT (Digital Terrestrial Television).
News categories: Egatel, RTVE, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Spain, Terrestrial
HbbTV already supported by 93% of European connected TVs
May 20, 2014 – According to the EBU, 93% of the connected televisions for sale in Europe support HbbTV and HbbTV services are being deployed by broadcasters throughout Europe.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Europe, HbbTV, Market Research, Smart TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner