Digital TV News: RTVE
Cellnex selects Synamedia for RTVE's broadcasting across Spain
Apr 12, 2023 – Cellnex will be deploying Synamedia's virtual Digital Content Manager (vDCM) to enable RTVE to optimise bandwidth while enhancing image quality using vDCM's compression and processing.
News categories: Synamedia, Cellnex, RTVE, Meir Lehrer, Xavi Redon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain
SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
Mar 21, 2023 – SAPEC will lead the creation of the encoder that will allow the RTVE-UPM Cátedra to broadcast live 8K content over DVB-T2 in Spain - the first broadcast of its kind in the world.
News categories: SAPEC, Miguel Ángel Cristóbal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Spain, Worldwide
RTVE awards Cellnex five-year TV and radio broadcasting contract
Jan 18, 2023 – RTVE has awarded TV and radio broadcasting rights to Retevisión, part of Cellnex. For TVE, Cellnex will renew and operate DTT and radio headends and provide DTT transmission, distribution and broadcasting services throughout Spain.
News categories: Cellnex, RTVE, Albert Cuatrecasas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, Terrestrial
SAPEC powers World Cup UHD broadcasting on DTT in Spain
Dec 19, 2022 – SAPEC solutions played a fundamental role in the contribution and distribution through DTT of the Qatar 2022 World Cup in Spain via the use of its Sivac-ONE media processing platform.
News categories: SAPEC, Mediapro, UHD Spain, Miguel Ángel Cristóbal, Emili Planas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Spain
Claro video comes to ZEASN-powered smart TVs in Latin America
Jan 27, 2022 – ZEASN has announced that streaming service Claro video is now available on multiple ZEASN-supported smart TV brands, including AOC's Whale OS powered connected televisions, increasing the presence of Claro video on TV screens in Latin America.
News categories: ZEASN, Claro video, Thomas Li, Apps, Digital TV, Latin America, Smart TV, Streaming
Alchimie partners with Amagi for AVOD distribution
Nov 17, 2021 – Alchimie has partnered with Amagi for channel creation and distribution to AVOD platforms. Amagi is distributing 23 of Alchimie's channels to Rakuten TV and to Samsung TV Plus in 5 European countries – France, Spain, UK, Italy, and Germany.
News categories: Amagi, Alchimie, Srinivasan KA, Chittouma Sananikone, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Streaming, UK
Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
Jan 12, 2021 – Intertrust has announced that Cellnex Telecom will use its ExpressPlay DRM cloud service to protect Cellnex' LOVEStv, an HbbTV platform combining over-the-air TV with OTT streaming for broadcasters in Spain.
News categories: Intertrust, Cellnex, Ali Hodjat, Xavi Redón, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, Spain, Terrestrial
Telefónica moves RTVE video and radio content to HOTBIRD at 13°E
Dec 11, 2019 – Telefónica has selected the Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) orbital position of 13°E to broadcast RTVE FTA content consisting of two HD channels: TVE Internacional Europa and 24 Horas, as well as six RNE radio stations. 13°E covers Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Telefónica, RTVE, Philippe Oliva, Francisco Panduro, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Spain
ZTE and Orange show 5G in automotive, robotics and entertainment applications
Jun 18, 2019 – Orange and ZTE are demoing a number of applications at the Global 5G Event and the European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC) in Valencia. Orange will also conduct demonstrations in Seville, Málaga, Vigo, Santiago de Compostela, Barcelona and Madrid.
News categories: Orange, ZTE, 5G, Metaverse, Spain
- Hrvatski Telekom initiates Iskon integration
- PROEN deploys Qwilt and Cisco CDN solution in Thailand
- Akta powers AVOD, SVOD, Live Streaming and FAST for ViX
- Nielsen integrates measurement for Netflix's ad-supported plan
- CommScope to sell Home Networks business to Vantiva
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia