Digital TV News: Televes
ZapperBox unveils NEXTGEN TV DVR at CEDIA Expo 2023
Sep 7, 2023 – ZapperBox has announced the debut of its ZapperBox M1 NEXTGEN TV DVR, boasting an abundance of advanced features, including Dolby Atmos support, 4K resolution, and HDR capability, at CEDIA Expo 2023.
News categories: ZapperBox, Gopal Miglani, ATSC 3, Digital TV, DVR, USA
BitRouter announces ZapperBox M1 v1.2 software and ZapperBox A1 antenna
Apr 16, 2023 – BitRouter is now shipping version 1.2 software for the ZapperBox M1 NEXTGEN TV set-top box. The company will soon also start shipping the ZapperBox A1 antenna designed for NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: BitRouter, Televes, Gopal Miglani, Javier Ruano, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
SAPEC powers World Cup UHD broadcasting on DTT in Spain
Dec 19, 2022 – SAPEC solutions played a fundamental role in the contribution and distribution through DTT of the Qatar 2022 World Cup in Spain via the use of its Sivac-ONE media processing platform.
News categories: SAPEC, Mediapro, UHD Spain, Miguel Ángel Cristóbal, Emili Planas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Spain
Evoca and partners enhance throughput with ATSC 3.0 cross-polarization
Apr 19, 2022 – Evoca TV has successfully transmitted TV content using the cross-polarization functionality of the ATSC 3.0 standard. Cross-polarization has the potential to dramatically increase the available payload for TV broadcasts.
News categories: Evoca TV, Rohde & Schwarz, ENENSYS, Kathrein, Televes, Todd Achilles, Manfred Reitmeier, Richard Lhermitte, Marc Dunham, Javier Ruano, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
AirTV begins offering 4K Android TV-based streaming player
Jan 3, 2017 – AirTV has begun offering AirTV Player, a 4K Android TV-based streaming device. AirTV Player integrates Netflix, Sling TV, YouTube and thousands of options in the Google Play Store with free local OTA channels. AirTV Player connects to a TV via HDMI.
News categories: AirTV, Mitch Weinraub, Android TV, CES2023, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
Televes integrates Civolution watermarking for the MDU market
Sep 4, 2014 – Civolution and Televes have announced the integration and deployment of Civolution’s content protection technology NexGuard with Televes multi-dwelling unit (MDU) broadcasting signal distribution system.
News categories: Civolution, Televes, Manuel Martínez, Alex Terpstra, Content Distribution, Watermarking, Worldwide
Televes chooses 'httvBOX' for HbbTV-compliant STB deployment
Aug 21, 2012 – At IBC 2012, httv will showcase the first commercial deployment of its 'httvBOX' set-top box (STB) turnkey solution. Televes has chosen httv's httvBOX firmware to launch its HbbTV-compliant STB, based on Sigma Designs' (NASDAQ: SIGM) SMP8670 SoC.
News categories: httv, Televes, Sigma Designs, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, IBC2023, Middleware, Portugal, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Spain, Terrestrial
Nagravision to Secure New 'TDT Premium' Pay DTT in Spain
Sep 2, 2009 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) has announced that its NAGRA Media ACCESS conditional access (CA) system has been selected to secure the 'TDT Premium' pay TV digital terrestrial television (DTT) horizontal platform operated by Spain's Abertis Telecom.
News categories: Nagravision, Abertis Telecom, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain, Terrestrial
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
- Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
- Tata Elxsi and INVIDI partner on addressable advertising for Pay-TV operators
- Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126