Digital TV News: Pace Micro
World Direct-to-Home (DTH) Satellite TV Service Revenues to Cross the US$50 Billion Mark in 2009
Mar 3, 2008 – DTH satellite TV subscribers worldwide are projected to be over 133 million in 2010, as stated in a recent report published by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite
OpenTV surpasses major industry milestone of 100 million enabled devices worldwide
Feb 19, 2008 – OpenTV is pleased to announce that more than 100 million OpenTV-enabled digital set-top boxes and televisions have been deployed worldwide.
News categories: OpenTV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Pace Micro Technology plc results for the seven month period ended 31 December 2007
Jan 29, 2008 – Pace Micro Technology has announced its audited financial results for the seven month period ended 31 December 2007. Total set-top box shipments in the period were 2.4 million (North America 0.9m; EMEA 1.3m and APAC 0.2m).
News categories: Pace Micro, Earnings Release, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Pace chosen by Viasat to launch HD PVR in the Nordic Countries
Jan 16, 2008 – Pace Micro Technology (LSE:PIC) has been selected by Modern Times Group's Viasat Broadcasting, the leading digital satellite pay-TV broadcaster in Scandinavia and the Baltic states, to be the launch partner for its high definition PVR service.
News categories: Pace Micro, Modern Times Group, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden
Viasat Launches High Definition Television
Jan 15, 2008 – MTG has announced that Viasat Broadcasting has launched its high definition television (HDTV) offering on its Nordic Satellite pay-TV platform, including two Viasat-branded premium HDTV channels - TV1000 HD and Viasat Sport HD.
News categories: MTG, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden
DVB Takes Steps To Reinforce IPR Policy
Nov 30, 2007 – The DVB Project has announced the adoption of new procedures in its efforts to promote the wide availability of technology based on DVB standards. This initiative is the result of a broad review in response to members' concerns about the perceived delays and uncertainties in relation to the launch of the MHP licensing programme.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB Memorandum of Understanding, IPR Policy of the DVB Project, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Technologies, TV Services
Pace Micro Technology plc Market update
Sep 14, 2007 – Pace (LSE:PIC) is continuing to perform well and the Board now expects that the outcome for the shortened 2007 year will be significantly ahead of its existing expectations.
News categories: Pace Micro, DVR, Finance, Results, Set Top Box, UK
Pace to supply HD PVR to MultiChoice Africa
Sep 8, 2007 – Pace Micro Technology (LSE:PIC) has announced an agreement with MultiChoice Africa to supply its market leading high definition (HD) personal video recorders (PVRs).
News categories: Pace Micro Technology, Multichoice Africa, Africa, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVR, IBC2022, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Pace demonstrates standards-based whole home digital TV using DLNA
Sep 7, 2007 – Pace Micro Technology (LSE:PIC) has announced that it will be joined at IBC by Macrovision to demonstrate how operators can use Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) specifications to enable a whole home multiroom offering for their subscribers.
News categories: Digital TV, DRM, DVR, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th