Digital TV News: Televes
Evoca and partners enhance throughput with ATSC 3.0 cross-polarization
Apr 19, 2022 – Evoca TV has successfully transmitted TV content using the cross-polarization functionality of the ATSC 3.0 standard. Cross-polarization has the potential to dramatically increase the available payload for TV broadcasts.
News categories: Evoca TV, Rohde & Schwarz, ENENSYS, Kathrein, Televes, Todd Achilles, Manfred Reitmeier, Richard Lhermitte, Marc Dunham, Javier Ruano, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
AirTV begins offering 4K Android TV-based streaming player
Jan 3, 2017 – AirTV has begun offering AirTV Player, a 4K Android TV-based streaming device. AirTV Player integrates Netflix, Sling TV, YouTube and thousands of options in the Google Play Store with free local OTA channels. AirTV Player connects to a TV via HDMI.
News categories: AirTV, Mitch Weinraub, Android TV, CES2023, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
Televes integrates Civolution watermarking for the MDU market
Sep 4, 2014 – Civolution and Televes have announced the integration and deployment of Civolution’s content protection technology NexGuard with Televes multi-dwelling unit (MDU) broadcasting signal distribution system.
News categories: Civolution, Televes, Manuel Martínez, Alex Terpstra, Content Distribution, Watermarking, Worldwide
Televes chooses 'httvBOX' for HbbTV-compliant STB deployment
Aug 21, 2012 – At IBC 2012, httv will showcase the first commercial deployment of its 'httvBOX' set-top box (STB) turnkey solution. Televes has chosen httv's httvBOX firmware to launch its HbbTV-compliant STB, based on Sigma Designs' (NASDAQ: SIGM) SMP8670 SoC.
News categories: httv, Televes, Sigma Designs, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, IBC2022, Middleware, Portugal, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Spain, Terrestrial
Nagravision to Secure New 'TDT Premium' Pay DTT in Spain
Sep 2, 2009 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) has announced that its NAGRA Media ACCESS conditional access (CA) system has been selected to secure the 'TDT Premium' pay TV digital terrestrial television (DTT) horizontal platform operated by Spain's Abertis Telecom.
News categories: Nagravision, Abertis Telecom, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain, Terrestrial
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV