Qatar Digital TV News
Mitsubishi selected to build Qatar's Es’hail 2 DTH satellite
Sep 8, 2014 – Es’hailSat, the Qatar Satellite Company, has announced that Mitsubishi Electric (MELCO), has been selected to build the company’s second satellite, Es’hail 2. The satellite will be positioned at 26°E for TV broadcasting.
News categories: Es’hailSat, Mitsubishi, Ali Al Kuwari, Yasunori Kamochi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Qatar, Satellite
IPTV flourishes in the Persian Gulf
Feb 6, 2014 – Fourteen service providers in nine countries in the Arab World offered IPTV services by October 2013, up from eleven service providers in eight countries offering IPTV by yearend 2011, according to the Arab Advisors Group.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
Dec 10, 2013 – Rohde & Schwarz has been chosen to equip the TV network in the State of Qatar with DVB-T2 technology. Qatar Media Corporation (QMC), will be upgrading its broadcast network for the 2022 soccer world cup.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qatar Media Corp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Qatar, Terrestrial
Piracy clampdown boosts Middle East & North Africa pay TV revenues
Mar 6, 2013 – The number of pay TV homes in the Middle East and North Africa will double between 2011 and 2018 to 16.0 million, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report forecasts that fewer than 15% of TV households (analog and digital) legitimately paid for TV signals by end-2012. This proportion will climb to 21.6% by 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Algeria, Bahrain, Cable TV, Cyprus, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Syria, Terrestrial, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE
OSN launches internet-enabled DVR
Sep 16, 2012 – OSN, the pay-TV network in the Middle East and North Africa, has launched OSN Plus HD, the regions first Internet enabled satellite receiver and recorder with full 3D and HD capabilities.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Bahrain, Digital TV, DVR, Jordan, Kuwait, OTT, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, UAE
Global IPTV subscribers to triple
Aug 1, 2012 – The number of homes paying for IPTV will rocket to 165 million by end-2017, up from 51 million at end-2011 and from only 7.5 million at end-2007, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Digital TV, Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, Subscribers, Taiwan, UAE, USA
60,000 customers across Qatar for Mozaic TV
Jun 14, 2012 – Qtel (Doha: QTEL) has announced that its Mozaic TV service has reached a new peak, with more than 60,000 customers now tuning into the leading home entertainment service in Qatar.
News categories: Qtel, IPTV, Qatar, Subscribers
Orbit Showtime Network to switch-off 5 million TV pirates
Dec 7, 2010 – Orbit Showtime Network (OSN) is giving all of its subscribers new set-top boxes between now and December 19th when it will switch to a new 'unhackable' conditional access system.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Algeria, Bahrain, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, Syria, UAE, Yemen
Increased dynamics of mobile broadcast TV around the world in 2009
Mar 1, 2010 – An updated bmcoforum report describes the recent regulatory framework and implementation status as of the beginning of 2010 in countries with existing mobile TV service offers.
News categories: bmcoforum, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Mobile, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Smart TV, South Africa, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, Uruguay, USA
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering