Qatar Digital TV News
IPTV flourishes in the Persian Gulf
Feb 6, 2014 – Fourteen service providers in nine countries in the Arab World offered IPTV services by October 2013, up from eleven service providers in eight countries offering IPTV by yearend 2011, according to the Arab Advisors Group.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
Dec 10, 2013 – Rohde & Schwarz has been chosen to equip the TV network in the State of Qatar with DVB-T2 technology. Qatar Media Corporation (QMC), will be upgrading its broadcast network for the 2022 soccer world cup.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qatar Media Corp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Qatar, Terrestrial
Piracy clampdown boosts Middle East & North Africa pay TV revenues
Mar 6, 2013 – The number of pay TV homes in the Middle East and North Africa will double between 2011 and 2018 to 16.0 million, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report forecasts that fewer than 15% of TV households (analog and digital) legitimately paid for TV signals by end-2012. This proportion will climb to 21.6% by 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Algeria, Bahrain, Cable TV, Cyprus, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Syria, Terrestrial, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE
OSN launches internet-enabled DVR
Sep 16, 2012 – OSN, the pay-TV network in the Middle East and North Africa, has launched OSN Plus HD, the regions first Internet enabled satellite receiver and recorder with full 3D and HD capabilities.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Bahrain, Digital TV, DVR, Jordan, Kuwait, OTT, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, UAE
Global IPTV subscribers to triple
Aug 1, 2012 – The number of homes paying for IPTV will rocket to 165 million by end-2017, up from 51 million at end-2011 and from only 7.5 million at end-2007, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Digital TV, Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, Subscribers, Taiwan, UAE, USA
60,000 customers across Qatar for Mozaic TV
Jun 14, 2012 – Qtel (Doha: QTEL) has announced that its Mozaic TV service has reached a new peak, with more than 60,000 customers now tuning into the leading home entertainment service in Qatar.
News categories: Qtel, IPTV, Qatar, Subscribers
Orbit Showtime Network to switch-off 5 million TV pirates
Dec 7, 2010 – Orbit Showtime Network (OSN) is giving all of its subscribers new set-top boxes between now and December 19th when it will switch to a new 'unhackable' conditional access system.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Algeria, Bahrain, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, Syria, UAE, Yemen
Increased dynamics of mobile broadcast TV around the world in 2009
Mar 1, 2010 – An updated bmcoforum report describes the recent regulatory framework and implementation status as of the beginning of 2010 in countries with existing mobile TV service offers.
News categories: bmcoforum, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Mobile, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Smart TV, South Africa, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, Uruguay, USA
IPTV still in a nascent state in the Arab World
Feb 25, 2010 – According to the Arab Advisors Group, eight service providers in seven countries in the Arab World offered commercial IPTV services in January 2010, up from four service providers in three countries offering IPTV in August 2007.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020