Digital TV News: Canal+ International
M7 selects NAGRA content protection
Nov 4, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Canal+ Group has selected NAGRA content protection to secure the pay TV services of M7, the satellite operator it acquired in 2019, across new and legacy set-top boxes.
News categories: NAGRA, Canal+ Group, M7 Group, Thierry LeGrand, Jérôme Trift, Austria, Belgium, Content Protection, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia
CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
Oct 29, 2020 – SES and CANAL+ have signed agreements for satellite capacity across three geographies, strengthening the companies’ longstanding partnership and underlining the importance of satellite in delivering premium content to more than 10 million subscribers.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+, Steve Collar, Jacques du Puy, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
CANAL+ to launch Ethiopia's first pay DTH platform
Jul 28, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and CANAL+ have signed a multi-year, multi-transponder contract for Ku capacity on EUTELSAT 7C to support the launch by CANAL+ of a premium DTH platform in Ethiopia at the beginning of 2021.
News categories: Eutelsat, CANAL+, Rodolphe Belmer, Jacques du Puy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
CANAL+ Group to acquire M7
May 27, 2019 – CANAL+ Group has announces the acquisition of M7, owned by Astorg. M7 is an aggregator and distributor of local and international channels via satellite and OTT platforms with a presence in the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, M7 Group, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MandA, Netherlands, OTT, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
Mar 14, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the launch of its Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution at Canal+ Myanmar. The new service enables subscribers to watch linear pay-TV channels on iOS or Android devices, with support for Apple AirPlay and Google Cast.
News categories: NAGRA, Canal+ International, Stéphane Le Dréau, Maxime Woimant, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Myanmar, OTT
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
- Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
- Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development