Digital TV News: Canal+ International
M7 selects NAGRA content protection
Nov 4, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Canal+ Group has selected NAGRA content protection to secure the pay TV services of M7, the satellite operator it acquired in 2019, across new and legacy set-top boxes.
News categories: NAGRA, Canal+ Group, M7 Group, Thierry LeGrand, Jérôme Trift, Austria, Belgium, Content Protection, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia
CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
Oct 29, 2020 – SES and CANAL+ have signed agreements for satellite capacity across three geographies, strengthening the companies’ longstanding partnership and underlining the importance of satellite in delivering premium content to more than 10 million subscribers.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+, Steve Collar, Jacques du Puy, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
CANAL+ to launch Ethiopia's first pay DTH platform
Jul 28, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and CANAL+ have signed a multi-year, multi-transponder contract for Ku capacity on EUTELSAT 7C to support the launch by CANAL+ of a premium DTH platform in Ethiopia at the beginning of 2021.
News categories: Eutelsat, CANAL+, Rodolphe Belmer, Jacques du Puy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
CANAL+ Group to acquire M7
May 27, 2019 – CANAL+ Group has announces the acquisition of M7, owned by Astorg. M7 is an aggregator and distributor of local and international channels via satellite and OTT platforms with a presence in the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, M7 Group, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MandA, Netherlands, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Streaming
CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
Mar 14, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the launch of its Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution at Canal+ Myanmar. The new service enables subscribers to watch linear pay-TV channels on iOS or Android devices, with support for Apple AirPlay and Google Cast.
News categories: NAGRA, Canal+ International, Stéphane Le Dréau, Maxime Woimant, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Myanmar, Streaming
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia