Digital TV News: Canal+ International
M7 selects NAGRA content protection
Nov 4, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Canal+ Group has selected NAGRA content protection to secure the pay TV services of M7, the satellite operator it acquired in 2019, across new and legacy set-top boxes.
News categories: NAGRA, Canal+ Group, M7 Group, Thierry LeGrand, Jérôme Trift, Austria, Belgium, Content Protection, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia
CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
Oct 29, 2020 – SES and CANAL+ have signed agreements for satellite capacity across three geographies, strengthening the companies’ longstanding partnership and underlining the importance of satellite in delivering premium content to more than 10 million subscribers.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+, Steve Collar, Jacques du Puy, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
CANAL+ to launch Ethiopia's first pay DTH platform
Jul 28, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and CANAL+ have signed a multi-year, multi-transponder contract for Ku capacity on EUTELSAT 7C to support the launch by CANAL+ of a premium DTH platform in Ethiopia at the beginning of 2021.
News categories: Eutelsat, CANAL+, Rodolphe Belmer, Jacques du Puy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
CANAL+ Group to acquire M7
May 27, 2019 – CANAL+ Group has announces the acquisition of M7, owned by Astorg. M7 is an aggregator and distributor of local and international channels via satellite and OTT platforms with a presence in the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, M7 Group, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MandA, Netherlands, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Streaming
CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
Mar 14, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the launch of its Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution at Canal+ Myanmar. The new service enables subscribers to watch linear pay-TV channels on iOS or Android devices, with support for Apple AirPlay and Google Cast.
News categories: NAGRA, Canal+ International, Stéphane Le Dréau, Maxime Woimant, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Myanmar, Streaming
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community