Digital TV News: Modern Times Group
All Media Baltics takes capacity on ASTRA 4A
Dec 19, 2017 – All Media Baltics’ Pay TV subscribers will be able to enjoy the broadcaster’s channel package in HD quality, including its original premium TV channels, at 5°E, following a multi-year capacity agreement announced by SES.
News categories: SES S.A, All Media Baltics, Håkan Sjödin, Arvils Kupris, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Satellite
Quarter of European OTT platforms export outside country of origin
Nov 15, 2017 – Research from TVT Media shows the UK is at the epicentre of the explosion in over-the-top (OTT) video on demand (VOD) services across the European Union and Turkey, as 82 of its 226 OTT platforms – double any other EU nation – are VOD services targeted outside the UK.
News categories: TVT Media, Ian Brotherston, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT
NeuLion powers NOVA OTT in Bulgaria
Sep 15, 2017 – NeuLion (TSX:NLN) has announced a partnership with NOVA Broadcasting, a Bulgarian broadcaster, to launch an OTT service. The service – DIEMA XTRA PLAY - will deliver live linear channels and live events to viewers on multiple devices.
News categories: NeuLion, NOVA Broadcasting, Roy Reichbach, Dimitar Radev, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Media ownership: towards pan-European groups?
Jul 4, 2016 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published a report on pan-European media groups. The report outlines some of the key players, their geographical footprint, their position in a range of markets, and their most recent strategies regarding expansion, acquisition and vertical integration.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, EU, Europe, Market Research
SES now broadcasting eight commercial Ultra HD channels
Feb 26, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has reported results for the year ended 31 December 2015. SES' technical reach in prime video neighbourhoods contributed to an 11.3% increase in total TV channels broadcast over SES satellites to 7,268 channels.
News categories: SES S.A, Africa, Content Distribution, Europe, Latin America, North America, Results, Satellite
Kyivstar begins pay TV roll-out in Ukraine on Vidmind's OTT platform
Feb 18, 2016 – Vidmind has announced that Kyivstar, Ukraine's largest telecommunication company, has launched a nationwide pay television service using Vidmind's advanced Over-The-Top (OTT) platform.
News categories: Vidmind, Kyivstar, Hagai Azor, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC21, OTT, Ukraine
Kyivstar launches IPTV across its FTTB network in Ukraine
Nov 24, 2015 – Kyivstar has announced the availability of its 'Home TV' IPTV service across the entirety of its FTTB network in Ukraine. The company had been testing Home TV in the cities of Krivoy Rog (Kryvyi Rih) and Zhytomyr before the launch.
News categories: Kyivstar, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Ukraine
MTG launches new pre-paid satellite pay-TV service in Ukraine
Sep 25, 2012 – Modern Times Group (STO: MTGA, MTGB) has announced that it has launched 'UA.TV', a pre-paid satellite pay-TV service in Ukraine. UA.TV is sold on a monthly pre-paid basis and is available alongside MTG's Viasat Ukraine satellite pay-TV platform.
News categories: Modern Times Group, Viasat, Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
MTG's Viaplay pay-TV service now available on Samsung Smart TV sets
Aug 31, 2011 – MTG (STO: MTGA,MTGB) has announced that it has entered into a strategic cooperation with Samsung Electronics Nordic. MTG's Viaplay service is now available on all 2011 Samsung Smart TVs and 2010 [email protected] sets across the Nordic region.
News categories: MTG, Samsung, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
- TF1 and M6 enter exclusive merger negotiations
- WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
- Global pay TV revenues to drop by $30 billion
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting