Digital TV News: Open Mobile Alliance
Telechips embeds INSIDE Secure DRM in set-top box ICs
Aug 27, 2013 – INSIDE Secure (Euronext:INSD) has announced that Telechips has embedded its INSIDE DRM Fusion™ Agent for HDCP and DTCP-IP into its newest TCC892X family of set-top box multimedia application processors.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Telechips, Solacia, DRM, Semiconductor, Smart Home
INSIDE Secure Provides Security Solutions for STB Chip Maker Telechips
Jan 7, 2013 – INSIDE Secure (NYSE Euronext: INSD) has announced that Telechips is integrating a host of INSIDE Secure security solutions into its new family of set-top box processor chips to help ensure secure boot up and end-to-end content protection.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Telechips, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Committee produces HEVC/H.265 MPEG codec draft specification
Feb 10, 2012 – ISO/IEC's Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) has announced the completion of the ISO/IEC committee draft of the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) [H.265] standard.
News categories: Moving Picture Experts Group, High Efficiency Video Coding, Digital TV, OTT, TV Services
Sky Deutschland Selects AuthenTec DRM to Deliver Premium Content to iPads
Oct 18, 2011 – AuthenTec (NASDAQ: AUTH) has announced that Sky Deutschland has chosen AuthenTec's DRM Fusion™ Downloadable client to deliver premium content services to Apple tablets via its new Sky Go application.
News categories: Sky Deutschland, AuthenTec, Austria, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, Satellite, Tablet
Cloakware Launches Comprehensive OMA Digital Rights Management Solution
Sep 10, 2009 – Cloakware (JSE: NPN) has announced a new Open Mobile Alliance (OMA)-compliant Digital Rights Management (DRM) solution for the secure delivery of digital content across the popular Android open source platform.
News categories: Cloakware, DRM, IBCShowcase, Mobile
Discretix and CoreMedia demonstrate OMA DRM for mobile video streaming
Mar 18, 2009 – Discretix and CoreMedia have announced the availability of the world's first open standards-based solution for secure mobile video streaming.
News categories: CoreMedia, Discretix, 5G, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, Mobile
Gemalto Achieves Major Step in Advancing the Take-Off of Mobile TV
Feb 16, 2009 – Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO) has announced that its UpTeq™ mobile TV SIM card is the first to earn certification that meets the SIMalliance Security Guidelines. These guidelines apply to OMA BCAST Smart Card Profile mobile TV products.
News categories: Gemalto, CAM, Conditional Access, Mobile, MWC20
NDS Partners with Alcatel-Lucent to Protect and Power MediaCorp, MobileOne (M1), SingTel and StarHub Mobile TV Trial
Oct 13, 2008 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it is providing the core conditional access (CA) infrastructure for the world's first commercial trial of the new OMA BCAST SCP standard, an emerging key standard for mobile TV content protection, in Singapore.
News categories: NDS, Alcatel-Lucent, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore
BBC signs agreement to enable 'over the air' download from iPlayer to mobiles
Oct 10, 2008 – The BBC has signed a set of agreements to allow users to download television programmes from BBC iPlayer direct to their mobile handsets, via a wireless internet connection or 'over the air'.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, CMLA, CoreMedia, Intertrust, Open Mobile Alliance, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, UK
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results