Digital TV News: Strong Digital
Nordic digital media market shows strong growth in 1H 2021
Jul 5, 2021 – According to Mediavision, 75% of all Nordic households subscribe to at least one digital media service. Video holds the highest household penetration with more than 6.5 million digital subscriptions.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
ZATTOO and Skyworth/STRONG announce STB partnership
May 21, 2020 – Zattoo has expanded its portfolio of supported devices with a 4K Android TV STB from Skyworth, via its German subsidiary, Strong Digital. The joint solution combines ZATTOO's TV-as-a-Service with the STB offering.
News categories: ZATTOO, Strong Digital, Nicolas Westermann, Android TV, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Asia Pacific online video revenue to grow to $48 billion by 2023
Aug 21, 2018 – Online video revenue, comprising net ad spend and subscription fees, will grow at an 18% CAGR across Asia Pacific between 2018 and 2023, climbing from ~US$21 bil. in 2018 to US$48 bil. by 2023, according to Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
U.S. home entertainment spending up 3.8% YoY in 3Q 2016
Nov 3, 2016 – DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group has released its Third Quarter 2016 Home Entertainment Report. U.S. consumer spending on home entertainment products rose 3.8% in the third quarter versus the previous year.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
CNN launch partner for comScore combined TV and digital audience metrics
Apr 27, 2016 – CNN and comScore have announced that CNN is one of the first media companies to leverage Xmedia to measure a total unduplicated view of audience across its television, desktop and mobile properties in a single metric.
News categories: comScore, CNN, Gian Fulgoni, Robin Garfield, Advertising, Digital TV, Mobile, Worldwide
ADB launches Graphyne OTT software
May 14, 2014 – ADB has announced a Graphyne variant developed specifically for OTT service providers. Graphyne OTT offers the only OTT multi-screen user experience to treat all media types identically, and on any device.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Peter Balchin, Middleware, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Piksel OTT solution for Belgium's VRT
Mar 6, 2014 – Piksel has been commissioned by VRT, Belgium's national public television broadcaster, to deliver an OTT solution supporting VOD, catch-up and live content on multiple devices.
News categories: Piksel, VRT, Tom Caljon, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Video Exchange
My TV Africa pay-DTH launches in Kenya
Sep 21, 2009 – Remember TV Africa in conjunction with My TV Africa has launched a satellite delivered pay television service in Kenya. The My TV service is carried on the Intelsat 10 satellite (located at 68.5° East).
News categories: My TV Africa, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Set Top Box
Liberty Global Reports Second Quarter 2008 Results
Aug 5, 2008 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced results for Q2. At June 30, 2008, Liberty Global's 14.7 million video subscriber base consisted of 9.5 million analog cable and MMDS and 5.2 million digital cable and DTH subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Global, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, Hungary, Ireland, Japan, MMDS, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Subscribers, Switzerland
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX