Digital TV News: VimpelCom
Kaltura releases updated Cloud TV Platform SDK
Feb 21, 2019 – Kaltura has released a new version of its Cloud TV Platform SDK. The SDK now includes playback optimization for mobile viewing, HEVC support, real-time analytics, plus advertising integrations such as Facebook Audience Network (FAN).
News categories: Kaltura, Dr. Shay David, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
Kaltura powers Beeline TV Everywhere service
Sep 12, 2018 – Kaltura has revealed that its Kaltura TV Platform is powering the newly-launched Beeline TV service from VimpelCom in Russia. The Kaltura TV Platform gives VimpelCom the technology to replace its legacy pay TV service and reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, VimpelCom, Dr. Shay David, George Held, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
VimpelCom becomes VEON and launches OTT platform
Feb 27, 2017 – VimpelCom (NASDAQ: VIP) is re-branding as VEON as it reinvents itself as a global tech company and brings a revolutionary Internet mobile platform to hundreds of millions of customers.
News categories: VimpelCom, Big Data, Digital TV, MWC19, OTT, Worldwide
Kyivstar launches IPTV across its FTTB network in Ukraine
Nov 24, 2015 – Kyivstar has announced the availability of its 'Home TV' IPTV service across the entirety of its FTTB network in Ukraine. The company had been testing Home TV in the cities of Krivoy Rog (Kryvyi Rih) and Zhytomyr before the launch.
News categories: Kyivstar, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Ukraine
Telenor reports third-quarter 2015 results
Oct 28, 2015 – Telenor has reported third-quarter 2015 results. Fibre and cable TV subscribers decreased 8,000 in the quarter to remain at just over one million for Norway and Sweden combined. Canal Digital DTH subscribers declined by 2,000 to finish at 900,000.
News categories: Telenor, Cable TV, Denmark, Finland, IPTV, Norway, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden
Fixed broadband subscribers to approach 1 billion in 2019
Apr 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) fixed broadband subscribers grew 8% in 2014, reaching 733 million as service providers continue to steadily add subscribers. Subscriber growth is being driven by FTTH and DOCSIS 3.0.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Beeline adds catch-up TV in Moscow
Oct 31, 2014 – VimpelCom, which operates under the Beeline brand in Russia, has announced that it is now offering a catch-up TV service in the Moscow region. Starting on November 1st, the service allows customer to watch programmes broadcast over the previous 48 hours.
News categories: VimpelCom, Beeline, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
Subscriber numbers to fall for 40 of Europe's Pay TV operators
Oct 8, 2014 – A report from Digital TV Research forecasts that subscriber numbers will fall for 40 of Europe's pay TV operators between 2013 and 2020.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Russia's pay TV to grow to 45.3 million subscribers in 2018
Sep 24, 2014 – J'son & Partners Consulting has released figures for pay TV in Russia to the end of the first half of 2014 with forecasts of the market's development to 2018.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent