Digital TV News: Deutsche Telekom
Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
Oct 28, 2020 – Whip Media Group has announced that Deutsche Telekom has completed the implementation of Whip Media’s Content Value Management (CVM) platform to manage its video on demand (VOD) business at its Austrian business, Magenta.
News categories: Whip Media, Magenta Telekom, Paul Hastings, Susanne Rose, Austria, Digital TV
Deutsche Telekom launches cloud gaming platform
Aug 27, 2020 – Deutsche Telekom (DT) has announced the launch of its cloud gaming platform, MagentaGaming. DT relies on a decentralized EDGE cloud concept to keep the distance to the customer as short as possible.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Claudia Nemat, Michael Hagspihl, Gaming, Germany, Streaming
Deutsche Telekom Smart Speaker Mini powered by SoftAtHome
Jun 18, 2020 – SoftAtHome has announced that it is powering the Smart Speaker Mini deployed by Deutsche Telekom in Germany. The Smart Speaker enables users to enjoy voice control of all their Deutsche Telekom connected devices.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Deutsche Telekom, David Viret-Lange, Dr. Mirko Knoll, Germany, Middleware, Smart Home
Disney+ rolls out in Europe
Mar 24, 2020 – Disney+ has launched in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland. The service will launch in France on April 7th. Audiences can stream Disney+ on nearly all major mobile and connected TV devices.
News categories: Disney+, Kevin Mayer, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Gaming, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Spain, Streaming, Switzerland, Tablet, UK
Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
Nov 13, 2019 – Orange has launched its Djingo Speaker and a voice-controlled TV remote for customers with an ultra HD set up box, already used by 1.5 million customers. Djingo offers a smooth, natural and secure experience when using its services and those provided by its partners.
News categories: Orange, Mari-Noëlle Jégo-Laveissière, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
TeraVolt analyses TV app platforms in Germany
Oct 17, 2019 – TeraVolt has analysed with the help of an expert panel how to reach as many German households as possible with TV apps. According to the analysis, HbbTV represents the largest hardware segment. By 2023, it will grow to 20 million households.
News categories: TeraVolt, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Global Smart Home market to surpass $100 billion in 2019
Sep 25, 2019 – Strategy Analytics projects that consumer spending on smart home related hardware, services and installation fees will reach $103 billion in 2019 and grow to $157 billion by 2023. The company predicts that spending on devices will account for 54% of the total in 2019.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Jack Narcotta, Bill Ablondi, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
ThinkAnalytics selected by Deutsche Telekom
Sep 11, 2019 – ThinkAnalytics is being deployed by Deutsche Telekom for personalized content discovery on its pay-TV and OTT services. First to go live, in July 2019, was Croatia Telecom on its OTT-TV service. Roll-outs in further countries are planned.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Deutsche Telekom, Simon McGrath, Marc Schwarze, Big Data, Croatia, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, UX
Deutsche Telekom to launch MagentaTV box with mesh Wi-Fi integrated
Sep 5, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom is exhibiting a new media receiver at IFA: the MagentaTV Box with integrated mesh Wi-Fi technology. Thanks to the mesh Wi-Fi, the MagentaTV box is easy to integrate into an existing Wi-Fi network, no matter which room it is placed in.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, IFA, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform